Several of the world's largest manufacturers in the field of bulk carriers, tankers, drilling equipment and platforms are based in Korea, leading the manufacturing of equipment for marine and marine applications.
Ocean field designers and engineers in Japan are facing a tough operational environment. Because oil reserves are depleted, it is necessary to dig deeper and wider. As a result, the demand for electric power rapidly increases, which is the optimum situation for TE. It also leads to high density installation demands to meet excellent cost performance and efficiency requirements.
- Severe operating environment
- High density installation
TE's solution was to introduce low-profile, short-length, high-performance medium-voltage terminal material to make it simple and easy to install and to withstand high humidity environments.
In order to provide higher "power density", TE developed a newly designed cable accessory that can be installed easily and quickly and with high reliability. One of its good examples is this low backside voltage terminal that can connect many cables in a small space.
In order to realize a solution that is smaller, more compact, more robust, and superior to competing products, a completely new stress control system (using metal oxide varistor material) and a complete cable control insulator, sheath, and lug barrel A seal was incorporated.
This medium voltage terminal material has many advantages such as saving material and space, easy installation and operation, long life and so on.
- Short length
- Low profile (no shed on core wire)
- Easy installation on straight cables with limited space
- Completely sealing the terminal material against the cable and the lug substrate
- By the heat shrinking technique, even if it is attached to an extremely wet environment or a high humidity environment, moisture will not be taken under the terminal material or moisture will not be retained
- Extremely robust and tough material
- Outstanding electrical properties
- Infinite shelf life