The 2.5 mm [.098”] centerline pitch signal double lock (2.5 SDL) connectors are compact, single row connectors available in both wire-to-wire and wire-to-board configurations. The signal double lock connector accepts 26-20 AWG [.121-.601 mm²] wire with insulation diameters up to .071” [1.8 mm], a voltage rating of 250VAC or VDC, and is rated up to 3A per line. The signal double lock connector system consists of plug and cap housings for wire termination, optional double lock plates, crimp contacts and PC board pin headers in both standard and high profile versions. Double-lock plates ensure positive loading of contacts in the housing and prevent contacts from being mated halfway. PC board-mount post headers are available in two styles: standard profile and high profile. Signal double lock connectors are now available in material meeting the Glow Wire test according to IEC 60335-1 5th edition: Household and Similar Appliances -- Safety (750°C, no flame) and UL 94 V-0.
2.5mm Signal Double Lock Connectors
- Connector for signal circuits with one row of contacts on 2.5mm centerline
- Wire-to-board and wire-to-wire connectors, consisting of plug and cap housings for wire termination and PC board-mount post header
- Mounted to plug and cap housings for wire application, double-lock plate ensures positive loading of contacts in the housing. It also prevents contacts from being mated halfway
- Double-lock plate is contained completely within the plug and cap housing, which provides neat overall appearance
- Accepts AWG #26-20 wire with insulation diameters of up to 1.8mm
- PC board-mount post header is available in two styles: standard profile and high profile
- High profile post header has locking feature at location fit to a resin coating applied to the board for waterproof protection for applications such as home appliances. The coating does not hamper mating and locking of post header with plug housing
- Locking structure is inner-lock type and has clean surface
- Solder tail section of post header is provided with kinks to retain the header firmly on PC board during soldering
- Radial tape-mounted version of post header is also available that is applicable to radial mounting machines
- Available with a choice of material. One material is rated UL 94 V-0, and another meets GWT 750 NF as well as UL 94 V-0.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the current and voltage requirements for your application?
A: The signal double lock connector system has a maximum current rating of 3 Amps per line and is rated for 250 Volts AC/DC.
Q: What are the wire type and size requirements?
A: The signal double lock connector system is approved for use with 26-20 AWG wire with a wire insulation range between 0.93 mm and 1.8 mm.
Features: Signal Double Lock
- 2.5 mm centerline pitch
- Polarizing ribs on plug housing
- 2-13 position WTB and 2-10 position WTW
- Audible click when contact is fully inserted into the housing
- Multiple colors available
- UL recognized, CSA certified and TUV approved
- Solder tail kink along with the polarization peg (boss) feature
- Board-mounted headers are compatible with resin or conformal coatings
- Choice of V-0 rated material or GWT and V-0 rated material
Applications: Signal Double Lock
- Fan modules
- Industrial controls
- Garage door openers
- Household appliances
- Security systems
- Business equipment
- HVAC system controls