Higher reliability at a lower cost
When a global engineering leader was contracted to refurbish several high voltage substations in Iraq, TE supported them with a gas-filled bushing solution that delivered reliability, availability and safety – with dramatic cost efficiencies.
A large multi-national company supplying a complete high voltage substations to high voltage power transmission and power distribution companies had secured the contract to refurbish serveral high voltage substations in Iraq.
- New solution to meet the supplier’s technical requirements
- Solution to operate in extreme conditions at a dramatically reduced price point
- Development to delivery was required within 16 weeks
- A gas-filled bushing that has been qualified for standard applications since 2009
- Qualification consisted of an extenstive design and test program
- Bushing assembly done at TE Connectivity (TE) in switzerland and final assembly with tests in Berlin
TE's bushings for gas-insulated switchgear offer high reliability, availability and high degree of safety as well as being econimically efficient.