February 17, 2015
Source: TE Connectivity Ltd.
Harsh Environment Applications Account for 70 Percent of Annual Revenue; Global Sensors Business Significantly Expands and Grows
SCHAFFHAUSEN, Switzerland, Feb. 17, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- TE Connectivity Ltd. (NYSE: TEL), a world leader in connectivity, today announced publication of its annual report for fiscal year 2014. The interactive report covers key performance areas including revenues, earnings per share and operating margins. The report also delves into TE's opportunity to capitalize on the increased need for electronic content resulting from the megatrends of safer, greener, smarter and more connected products.
Experience the interactive multimedia release here: http://www.multivu.com/players/English/7420451-te-connectivity-2014-annual-report/
- Chairman and CEO Tom Lynch discusses how TE led the industry with $13.9 billion in revenues, an increase of 5 percent year over year.
- TE operates through four reporting segments aligned to its strategy and vertical markets: Transportation Solutions (revenue: $6.1 billion), Industrial Solutions ($3.3 billion), Network Solutions ($2.9 billion) and Consumer Solutions ($1.6 billion).
- In the fiscal year, over 70 percent of TE's sales were in harsh environment applications which demand TE products perform flawlessly in tough conditions including extreme vibration, humidity, pressure and more.
- Key acquisitions, including Measurement Specialties and American Sensor Technologies, have allowed TE to significantly expand its existing sensor business and establish itself as one of the largest sensor companies in the world.
- For the fourth year in a row, TE was recognized by Thomson Reuters as a Top 100 Global Innovator. The company has 7,500 engineers around the world, more than 18,000 patents granted or pending, and during the fiscal year, invested $675 million in research, development and engineering.
- View the TE Connectivity 2014 interactive annual report.
- Listen to Tom Lynch discuss the Internet of Things and connectivity as part of the PWC 2015 CEO Survey.
- View infographics
- See how we are helping our customers create something brilliant together here.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity (NYSE: TEL) is a $14 billion global technology leader. Our connectivity and sensor solutions are essential in today's increasingly connected world. We collaborate with engineers to transform their concepts into creations – redefining what's possible using intelligent, efficient and high-performing TE products and solutions proven in harsh environments. Our 80,000 people, including 7,500 design engineers, partner with customers in over 150 countries across a wide range of industries. We believe EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS - www.TE.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/te-connectivity-publishes-digital-interactive-2014-annual-report-300036731.html
SOURCE TE Connectivity Ltd.Media Relations: Jane Crawford, TE Connectivity, 610-893-9689, Jane.firstname.lastname@example.org; or Erin E. Burke, APCO Worldwide, 646-218-8760, email@example.com; or Investor Relations: Sujal Shah, TE Connectivity, 610-893-9790, Sujal.firstname.lastname@example.org