Title: Antenna Assembly – TE Kunshan
An example of the antenna assembly process, this video shows the value TE’s Kunshan manufacturing team adds while turning an antenna into an antenna assembly.
Heading: Antenna Assembly Process in Kunshan, China. Assembly Steps
- The assembly process starts with the cable preparation. Shrink-wrapped tubing is being installed onto the cables, in preparation for the cable routing station.
- The three cables are placed into a cable routing jig. The cables are rolled flat, and then heat is applied to the shrink-wrap tube. Once cooled, the tubing will hold the cables in the desired shape.
- Using a tolerance-using jig, the cables are checked to make that sure they meet the routing dimensional specifications.
- In the next step, the ground clip is crimped into place…
- …followed by the soldering of the ground clip.
- Using a clamping gig, all three ground clips are positioned accurately onto the antenna. And once secured, they are soldered onto the two-shot antenna.
- Next, the center conductor is soldered to the two-shot antenna at the designated feed point.
- At this station, the cables are being pre-formed. This facilitates easier routing when the antenna assemblies are later installed into the unit.
- In the next step, an EMI tape is being applied to the cables.
- Once assembled, the free-space BSWR testing is performed. All three antenna elements are tested simultaneously.
- Following the RF test, all antenna assemblies undergo an overall visual inspection, ensuring only quality product is shipped to the customer.
- After inspection, protective covers are installed to ensure no damage to cable protectors during transportation.
- The final step of the assembly process is to prepare the antennas for shipping.