Heat Shrink Tubing
Our heat shrink tubing provides electrical insulation, mechanical protection, sealing, and strain relief, and it can also be used to identify components and wires, creating a functional, professional appearance of the assembly.
Our heat shrink tubing is a valued option for insulation, protection, and sealing when compared to taping, molding, or potting. When heated, the heat shrink tubing conforms to the size and shape of the substrate beneath for quick and easy installation. Heat shrink tubing is available in a wide variety of materials, colors, and sizes, and is delivered in easy-to-use forms such as spools, 1.2m lengths, and cut pieces. We can help you select the best product for your application to optimize performance and installation, providing a reliable and robust solution. We also offer customized products to enhance product handling, installation and logistics.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the maximum operating temperature of your application?
A: Our RW-200, RW-200-E, SRFR, and RT555 series tubing products have a rated operating temperature to 200°C. (TFE and TFE-R are rated to 250°C but is only available in EMEA)
Q: Do you need a flame retardant solution for your application?
A: Our Versafit, ES2000, ATUM and FL2500 series are excellent choices when looking for flame retardant properties.
Heat Shrink Tubing Products
Flexible, Rigid, Elastomers and Fluoropolymers
|Single Wall||Very Flexible||LSTT, VERSAFIT (V2, 3X, V4)|
|Single Wall||Flexible||BRST, DCPT, RP-4800, CGPE-105, RNF-100, TUGA, CGPT, RNF-3000|
|Single Wall||Semirigid||CRN, RT-3|
|Dual Wall||Semi-Flexible||ATUM, DWP-125, HTAT|
|Dual Wall||Flexible||CGAT, PTCM, TAT-125, DWTC, RPPM|
|Dual Wall||Semirigid||DSPL, ES2000, SCL, ES1000, FL2500, SCT, RBK, QSZH|
|Harnessing||Elastomers||DR-25, NTFR, RW-200, RW-200-E, SFR, SRFR, URHR|
|Harnessing||Fluoropolymers||RT555, RT-770, RT-780, RT-790|
For Maximum Sealing and Protection
Using radiation crosslinking polymers and processes we pioneered, our heat-shrinkable tubings are made of polyolefins, fluoropolymers and elastomers enhanced by radiation cross-linking providing a memory effect and heat-stability. When heated during installation, our tubings shrink to conform to the shape of the substrate on wihc they are installed. These provide dependable insulation, mechanical protection, and strain relief, as well as aesthetic appeal.
Single wall tubings are available in thin wall, medium wall and thick wall versions. With dual wall tubings, an inner wall — either an encapsulant or an adhesive — melts and flows during installation heating, to protect against environmental damage. Encapsulants protect connections and components from splashes and corrosion. Adhesives go a step further, sealing to plastic, metal, rubber or other substrates. You can choose from heat shrink tubings that are highly flexible or semirigid, designed for operation in high- or low-temperature environments, and flame retardant to meet a range of industry standards. They are also offered in various colors.
Environmentally seals protect a wide variety of electrical applications, including back-end connector sealing, breakouts and connector-to-cable transitions. High expansion ratio makes it possible to repair most damaged cable jackets without removing connectors.
Single Wall vs Dual Wall
TE's single wall tubing provides superior insulation, strain relief, and protection against mechanical damage and abrasion. Benefits include:
- Reliably consistent dimensions and physical properties
- Meets SAE-AMS-DTL-23053, MIL-PRF-46846, and VG95343 standards
- Some products are UL recognized / CSA certified
TE's dual wall tubing seals and protects against the ingress of dust and fluids. TE's Raychem dual wall tubing uses an adhesive lining that melts and flows during installation, creating a moisture-resistant protective barrier. Benefits include:
- Controlled amounts of adhesive and consistent results
- Compliance with SAE-AMS-DTL-23053
- Some products have UL recognition / CSA certification
- Selected tubings are type-approved by the American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) and Lloyd’s Registry of Shipping
Standards and Specs
- Spool lengths, nonstandard cut lengths, expanded/recovered I.D's
- Multiple products are offered in flame-retardant (FR) versions
- Meet AMS-DTL-23053 and MIL-PRF-46846 standards - Single Wall
- Comply with AMS-DTL-23053 standards - Dual Wall, Heavy Duty, Harnessing, Special Purpose
- Most are UL recognized/CSA certified
- SPC inspection/data on cut pieces
- Custom specs and tolerances
Insulation, Protection, Identification and Noise Reduction
- Shielded splice protection
- Battery terminal identification and sealing
- Mechanical protection for hoses
- Insulation and strain relief for fine gauge wire and fiber optic cables
- Noise reduction for pipes
- Moisture, fungus and weather resistant for outdoor applications
- Thermal insulation of substrates, pipes, hoses and cables