The POWER TRIPLE LOCK connector system offers high performance with a functional design. From the audible, snag-resistant latch to the many other added customer benefits, the POWER TRIPLE LOCK connector system has been specifically developed for better power and signal applications. For 3-in-1 reliability, the system offers 3 enhanced methods of connectivity, making your design connections better in every way. It locks in three ways. Cap (or header) and plug latch together. The CPA – connector position assurance – device locks the cap (or header) and plug together. The TPA – terminal position assurance – device helps assure terminals are fully seated and remain that way. Three material options support standard 105°C, high temperature 150°C and glow wire applications. Four keying options, multiple colors and snagless design features help assure fast, accurate connections on the assembly line. Up to 15 positions are offered on 6mm spacing.
With 3-in-1 reliability and snag-free design, this product offers material options, keying features, color options, ratings to 20A, and efficient 6 mm centerline spacing.
To further meet market demands in the Appliances industry, TE Connectivity introduces the power triple lock product line.
The power triple lock three-in-one reliability connector system features two optional locks – the connector position assurance and the terminal position assurance, an upgraded lanceless contact design and high temperature housings.
The anti-snag locking latch on the plug housing keeps the connection stable.
The TPA both prevents the terminal from backing out and ensures that contacts are fully seated in the connector.
The CPA secures the connector to remain intact so it is not mistakenly disengaged.
When combined, they provide true three-in-one reliability.
Both panel mount and free hanging receptacles are part of the product offering and four keying options will be available to prevent mismatching.
The power triple lock is available in multiple color options to ensure correct assembly.
We offer a variety of housing material choices to meet different customer requests. PBT standard materials, glow wire materials and high temperature materials
The power triple lock three-in-one reliability connector system is a game-changer for the home appliances market. Additionally, it is ideal for products related to lighting and industrial machinery.
The new power triple lock product line is the achievement of an impressive R&D effort. It is a direct result of listening to our customer needs and responding with a better designed system for the global landscape.
3-in-1 Locking Features
- Audible ‘click’ latch provides positive feedback when cap and plug are mated, while surrounding ribs help prevent wire snags
- Optional connector position assurance (CPA) helps ensure the connector system cannot be mistakenly disengaged
- Optional terminal position assurance (TPA) helps ensure contacts are fully seated and protects against contact backout
Commercial / Industrial / Transportation
- Washers and dryers
- Water heaters
- Garage door openers
- Commercial building
- Industrial machinery
Improving Appliance Connector Designs
Materials / Ratings
One of the important aspects of the POWER TRIPLE LOCK connector product offering is the breadth of connector (plug and cap) materials – all V0-rated materials offered in four levels.
- The standard material is polybutylene terephthalate (PBT), a thermoplastic engineering polymer (instead of nylon) that provides improved service for broad range of appliances.
- The second level is a Glow Wire (GWT, V0, NF 750°C) option that conforms to the flammability requirements of IEC 60335-1 for unattended appliances with connections carrying current of greater than 0.2 Amperes.
- The third level allows high-temperature applications, such as cooking appliances, to be addressed. The thorough approach to fulfilling customer requirements is demonstrated by a true 150°C, high-temperature solution. The housing and the contacts are rated at 150°C instead of 105°C.
- The fourth level is a Hot Wire Ignition (HWI) option that is non-standard.
Since they are used in all four material levels, the TPA and and CPA are both 150°C high-temperature materials. Color coding allows a quick visual check to ensure that the right material is used in a specific application.
Electrical / Mechanical
|Voltage Rating||600 VAC or VDC|
|Current Rating||Up to 20 A|
|Centerline Spacing||6.0 mm|
|Row-to-row Spacing||8.1 mm|
|Single Row||2, 3, 4, 5|
|Dual Row||2x3, 2x4, 2x5, and 2x6|
|Matrix||3x3, 3x4, 3x5|
|-55 to 105°C||standard material|
|-55 to 150°C||high temp material|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the operating temperature requirements?
A: The new POWER TRIPLE LOCK connector system offers all V-0 materials, with standard product made from a PBT material, rated at 105°C. For high temperature applications, like cooking, materials are available for 150°C.
Q: What is the benefit of choosing glow wire housings?
A: The POWER TRIPLE LOCK connector system offers glow wire housings that allow manufacturers of home appliances to comply with the IEC 60335-1 standard.
Learn more about POWER TRIPLE LOCK connector system. This overview explains the assembly sequence of this connector system, the contact crimping sequence, and the OCEAN applicator system.
POWER TRIPLE LOCK is a trademark