TE's USB 3.0 connector meets all standards of the USB Implementers Forum, Inc. (USB-IF). It supports a five gigabits per second (Gbps) data rate for fast syncing on the go—a 10x performance increase over USB 2.0.
Download your favorite HD content in a snap. The high-performance USB 3.0 connector is backward compatible with USB 2.0 while offering optimized power efficiency. It eliminates device polling and reduces active and idle power requirements. According to the USB-IF, the standards body controlling the USB specification, the USB connector is the most popular form of interconnect in the consumer electronics marketplace today, based on broad proliferation, versatility, and ease of use. This interconnect clearly found its place in the PC and PC-peripheral arena and can be found in nearly every consumer device produced in the last decade.
Learn about our full line of USB 3.0 connectors, which are backwards compatible, transfer data 10 times faster than USB 2.0, and support a data transfer rate of up to five gigabits per second.
Headline: USB 3.0 Connectors
Subhead: TE Connectivity describes its new line of universal serial bus (USB) 3.0 connectors.
- TE Connectivity, a voting member of the USB Implementer’s Forum, has launched a new line of USB 3.0 connectors and comprehensive product solutions.
- Melissa A. Stanley, Product Manager:
“Supporting a data transfer rate of up to five gigabits per second, USB 3.0 is ten times faster than USB 2.0. These new easy to use 3.0 connectors retain all the features found in previous versions and meet all standards of the USB Implementer’s Forum.”
- USB 3.0 reduces a user wait times dramatically. A full high definition movie can transfer in just 70 seconds.
- Plus devices can be synchronized and charged more quickly than with USB 2.0.
- Melissa A. Stanley, Product Manager:
“Furthermore, these connectors are backwards compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.0 while operating optimized power efficiency by eliminating device polling and reducing activate and idle power requirements.”
- TE Connectivity offers a full line of USB 3.0 connectors.
- The product line includes standard A and B type plugs and receptacles, reversed A plugs and receptacles, and other cable assemblies.
- We offer a product solution to meet any need and our Circuits and Design Team provides customers high quality customized services.
- TE’s new USB 3.0 connectors are used in many of the digital products we use every day as part of our modern lifestyles.
- In addition to our complete service offerings, TE Connectivity distinguishes itself with the best automated production facilities, which enable stable, reliable products unrivaled in the marketplace.
- If it needs to be smarter, faster, better, we’re in it.
- We are TE Connectivity
Review detail on the USB 3.0 family of connectors, learn about electrical requirements, and see a comparison with USB 2.01 and USB 1.0, as well as a summary of key benefits.
All the Features of USB 2.0, and Much More
- Allows unit load of 150 mA (50% increase from USB 2.0 minium unit load)
- Offers up to 6 unit loads (900 mA, an 80% increase from USB 2.0)
- Up to 80% more power than USB 2.0
- Minimizes user wait-time
- Backward compatible
- Minimize connector form factor variations
- Ease-of-use aspects
- Optimized power efficiency
- Plug-and-Play capacity
- Desktop and laptop computers
- Digital audio
- High-volume storage devices
- Game ports
- GPS devices
- MP3 players
- High definition A/V equipment
- Keyboards, mice, joysticks
This quick reference for USB interconnects offers information about products accommodating the two differentially driven data wires that provide bi-directional, simultaneous signals for USB 2.0 and USB 1; and USB offerings including standard (A and B), mini B, and micro A/B and B sizes.
USB-IF, SuperSpeed USB, and SuperSpeed are trademarks of their respective owners.