Superseal 1.5 Series Product Line Information
AMP Sealed Connectors
SUPERSEAL 1.5 Series
- Material: phosphor bronze, tin plated
- Lanceless contact
- Double contact spring (mainspring and auxiliary anti-overstress spring) ensuring low insertion force, but high contact force
- Material: brass, tin plated
- Lanceless contact
- Wire size range: 20-16 AWG
- Current rating: 14 Amp maximum
- Insertion force: max. 8 N
- Contact resistance: max. 3 m
(test current 10 mA)
- Material: silicon rubber
- Seals shapes to make them easy to insert in the cavity
- The collar in the crimping area provides excellent strain relief on terminals
- Suitable for wire with insulation diameter ranging from .060 [1.5] to .130 [3.3]
For detailed information see Product Specification 108-20090
housing and secondary lock: polyamide 6.6 glass filled, U.L. approved radial seal: silicon rubber
- Resistant to:
ozone, salts (CaCI2-NaCI), gasoline, diesel fuel, brake fluid detergents, anti-freeze coolant,
transmission gear lubricant, motor oil
- Temperature range: -40°C to +125°C
- Insulation resistance: min. 200 M
- Dielectric withstanding voltage: 1500 Vrms
- Watertight capability: conforming to IEC 529 I.P. 6.7 standards
- Temperature rise: see fig. 1 diagram
- Current carrying capacity: see fig. 2 diagram
AMP has developed the AMP SUPERSEAL 1.5 Series connectors family to meet the constantly increasing needs and requirements in
safety and reliability of the electrical connection field.
These connectors fulfill all the requirements prescribed by the various automotive and industrial standards.
They are watertight and they exceed the requirements prescribed by the IEC 529 and DIN 40050 I.P. 6.7 standards regarding
The AMP SUPERSEAL 1.5 Series connectors are completely interchangeable and can be connected with existing components and with
the devices currently used in the automotive industry (sensors, oil pressure senders, water temperature monitoring, etc.).
The special features of the AMP SUPERSEAL 1.5 Series connectors are as follows:
- Sturdy and reliable contacts: their lanceless design eliminates contact tangling during handling operations.
- Double contact spring: mainspring and auxiliary anti-overstress spring.
- Preassembled secondary lock which ensures correct and complete insertion of the contact in the housing and prevents it
from slipping out of the connector. The secondary lock cannot be closed if the contact is not correctly inserted in the
Both plug and receptacle have a collar to fit additional protective caps if required.
The plug connector is equipped with a device which allows safe and easy fastening to a panel.
(You can search for the above documents using the Document Search option in the left hand navigation of this page.)