July 19, 2017
Source: TE Connectivity Ltd.
Commitment to Creating a Safer, Sustainable Productive and Connected Future Drives Responsibility Agenda
SCHAFFHAUSEN, Switzerland, July 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- TE Connectivity Ltd. (NYSE: TEL), a world leader in connectivity and sensors, released its seventh annual Global Corporate Responsibility Report today, outlining the company's progress in providing superior connectivity solutions while upholding its commitments to employees, customers, communities and the environment.
"TE's Corporate Responsibility Report emphasizes our commitment to creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future in a socially, economically and environmentally responsible way," said Terrence Curtin, Chief Executive Officer of TE Connectivity. "We are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the expectations of our customers, employees and shareholders when it comes to corporate responsibility and ethics."
Highlights from TE's 2016 Corporate Responsibility report include:
- Our People: The company is focused on recruiting and retaining a talented workforce and providing employees with opportunities for professional development within a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. Our Employee Resource Groups grew by over 300 percent since 2015.
- Product Advancement: TE remains committed to developing efficient and innovative products that meet our customers' demands while making transportation and energy solutions more sustainable, including through contributions to solar flight and the Hyperloop project.
- Supplier Relations: TE continues to ensure that we work with localized and socially responsible suppliers who minimize the presence of conflict minerals in our supply chain. In 2016, nearly 90% of TE's production materials came from local suppliers.
- Environmental Sustainability: Through energy-reduction projects spearheaded by TE's Energy Center of Excellence, TE has reduced our absolute greenhouse gas emissions by 21% and our absolute water usage by 30% since 2010.
- Our Community: TE and the TE Connectivity Foundation donated over $4 million to communities in which TE works through a compilation of TE grants, employee donations and TE matching contributions. Our employees volunteered more than 21,000 hours in 2016, a 25% increase over 2015. Our giving continues to support causes dedicated to health and wellness, the environment, education and technology and human services and disaster relief.
Read more about TE's Global Corporate Responsibility program at http://www.te.com/responsibility.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity (NYSE: TEL) is a $12 billion global technology leader. Our commitment to innovation enables advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. TE's unmatched breadth of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest of environments, helps build a safer, greener, smarter and more connected world. With 75,000 people – including more than 7,000 engineers – working alongside customers in nearly 150 countries, we help ensure that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS – www.TE.com.
SOURCE TE Connectivity Ltd.Media Relations: B.J. Talley, TE Connectivity, 610-893-9553, email@example.com