Thermistor Probes and Assemblies
TE Connectivity (TE) manufactures NTC (negative temperature coefficient) thermistor probes/assemblies for a variety of applications and industries. Our NTC probes and assemblies are available for surface, air-gas, HVACR, liquid and patient monitoring applications and are configured with a variety of housings and styles in standard and custom designs.
Capabilities of TE's NTC Thermistor Probes and Assemblies Portfolio
- Product styles suitable for many applications
- ISO 13485 Medical probes and assemblies
- AS9100 Aerospace assemblies
- ATEX explosionproof assemblies
- UL rated assemblies for HVACR applications
- Standard tubular, ring lug, and clip-on designs
- Custom and standard machined metal housings available in brass, stainless steel, aluminum, and exotic alloys
- Plastic over-molding options
- Available in temperature ranges from -80ºC to +300ºC
- Global engineering support for custom design solutions
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How fast do NTCs respond?
A: Response time is defined as the time it takes to reach 62% or a new temperature, and is a function of mass. The smaller the sensor the faster the response. A discrete sensor will respond faster than the same sensor packaged inside a metal housing. Typical response times for a Series I NTC thermistor sensor is <15 seconds.
Q: Are NTCs available in a smaller size?
A: Typical size for an epoxy coated discrete in an OD of 0.95" Max. Miniature glass sensors have a max. OD of 0.15".
Q: How stable are NTC sensors?
A: Different sensor famalies have different stabilaty ratings. Epoxy coated NTCs are less stable than a hermeticlly sealed glass NTC sensors.
Discrete NTC Thermistor
TE Connectivity (TE) is a leading designer and manufacturer of high precision discrete NTC (negative temperature coefficient) thermistors. NTCs offer many advantages in temperature sensing including miniature size, excellent long-term stability, high accuracy and precision.