Discrete NTC Thermistors
TE Connectivity (TE) is a leading designer and manufacturer of high precision discrete NTC (negative temperature coefficient) thermistors. NTCs offer many advantages in temperature sensing including miniature size, excellent long-term stability, high accuracy and precision. Our precision discrete NTC thermistors provide solutions for thermal sensing ranging from basic to complex application and environmental conditions.
Capabilities of TE's Discrete NTC Thermistor Portfolio
- High accuracy / Interchangeability
- Proven long-term stability and reliability
- Miniaturized components
- Rapid time response
- Lead wire options
- Available in temperature ranges from -80ºC to +300ºC
- Custom probe assemblies available
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How fast do NTCs respond?
A: Response time is defined as the time it takes to reach 62% or a new temperature, and is a function of mass. The smaller the sensor the faster the response. A discrete sensor will respond faster than the same sensor packaged inside a metal housing. Typical response times for a Series I NTC thermistor sensor is <15 seconds.
Q: Are NTCs available in a smaller size?
A: Typical size for an epoxy coated discrete in an OD of 0.95" Max. Miniature glass sensors have a max. OD of 0.15".
Q: How stable are NTC sensors?
A: Different sensor families have different stability ratings. Epoxy coated NTCs are less stable than a hermetically sealed glass NTC sensors.
- Medical: Catheters, Dialysis, Patient Monitoring
- Aerospace & Defense: Satellites, Missiles, Spacecraft, Aircraft, Atmospheric Monitoring
- HVACR: Air Flow, Mobile/Case Refrigeration, Fire Detection, Building Management
- Appliances: Clothes Dryers, Coffee Makers, Industrial Ovens, Pool/Spa Control
- Instrumentation: Liquid/Air/Gas Flow Sensing, Chemical Analysis, Metrological Monitoring
- Automotive: Cabin Climate Control, Heated Seats, External Temperature Monitoring