HV Inter-Car Jumper Cable
TE Connectivity jumper cables provide a low profile, reliable and maintenance free solution as inter-car jumpers in high voltage roof-lines and pantograph connection cables.
The combination of industry-leading Raychem high voltage insulation materials and an engineering plastic strength spine gives a design that is highly flexible over a wide temperature range and is resistant to the rigours of the high voltage rail environment. HVJL jumper cables are used as part of the high voltage roof-line on high speed trains and EMUs and are highly flexible to take up any lateral, longitudinal and vertical movements. Jumpers can be attached to support insulators or directly to self-supporting terminations on the high voltage cables.
- 15 / 25 kV roof-line inter-car jumper cables optimised for use in the rail environment
- Dual wall insulated to reduce the risk of flashover and proof against accidental contact
- Optional push on boots for insulation of connections
- Completely sealed to prevent water ingress and ice blocking
- Low profile giving improved clearances and minimising wind resistance
- Coiled form allows large flexing range with minimum space usage
- Flexible across a wide operating temperature range
- Dimensions customisable for individual applications
- Impact resistant
- Low weight
- Maintenance free minimising total life-cycle costs
Inter-Car Jumper Cables - Type C
•TE Connectivity Type C jumper cables provide a low profile, reliable and maintenance free solution as inter-car jumpers in high voltage roof-lines and pantograph connection cables. Suitable for use at 15 and 25 kVac, the type C jumper offers the optimum combination of flexibility and minimum space usage. Current ratings up to 600A (at 30°C) are available. Two or more jumpers may be used if higher currents are required.
Inter-Car Jumper Cables - Type E
•TE Connectivity Type E jumper cables provide a reliable and maintenance free solution as inter-car jumpers in high voltage roof-lines and pantograph connection cables. Suitable for use between 750 Vdc and 25 kVac the type E jumper is particularly suited to applications where movement is required along all three axes but size and profile is not critical. Different conductor sizes are available giving current carrying capacity of up to 2000A.
Inter-Car Jumper Cables - Type F
•TE Connectivity Type F jumper cables provide a reliable and maintenance free solution as inter-car jumpers in high voltage roof-lines and pantograph connection cables. Suitable for use between 750Vdc and 25kVac, the type F jumper is ideal where movements are relatively small and are primarily in the plane of the jumper. Different conductor sizes are available giving a current carrying capacity aof up to 2000A.
Custom Design Service
TE offers a complete design service to provide a tailor made jumper cable for each application. The train designer needs to provide:
- Distance between car ends
- Range of possible movements in service
- Frequency of movements in service
- Current carrying requirements
TE Connectivity will design the optimum jumper cable for the application. A 2D or 3D CAD model can be provided.
HVJL jumper cables have been subjected to a range of qualification tests including:
- Whole-life flex testing
- High Voltage withstand tests
- Current cycling thermal tests
- Shock and vibration
- Mechanical cycling to extremes
- Low temperature flexing
Test reports are available on request.