Low-peel strength for easy repair. Using TE sealant with molded parts provides excellent sealing and helps prevent debris and water from entering the backshell or connector. TE sealant also offers a low-peel strength, making repairs trouble-free. The sealant is available in Halogen-free and flame-retardant versions.
TE manufacturers Raychem adhesives and sealants to accommodate a wide range of applications, materials and environmental conditions. Raychem adhesives include both thermosets and thermoplastics. Thermosets are curable two-part epoxies or crosslinked elastomers. Thermoplastics are hot-melt adhesives that flow when heated and set when cooled. TE also manufactures Raychem products that include a thermoplastic adhesive or a mastic-type sealant for water holdout applications. The sealants adhere to nonoily substrates and can be removed where reentry is necessary.
Raychem Adhesive Spec Chart
|Product Type||Product||Description||Tempature Range|
|S1278||Hot-melt grey butyl sealant||General purpose sealant and cable breakout area filler.||-40°C to 90°C|
|S1305||Hot-melt grey butyl sealant- Flame Retardant||Halogen-free, flame-retardant sealant and cable breakout area filler.||-40°C to 90°C|
Tubing and Molded Parts
- Buried cable splice sealing
- Top Side shipboard sealing
- Moisture protection
- Water holdout
Notes and Caution
- Avoid contamination of the prepared surface. If using primer, apply it according to the manufacturer's instructions and allow it to dry.
- Epoxy adhesives may cause skin and eye irritation. Be sure to observe the handling instructions.
- When using hot melt adhesives on substrates with high heat sink capacity (such as connector backshells), preheat the substrate until it is hot to touch, then apply the adhesive tape and shrink the molded part in place.
The use of cleaning solvent is described in the preparation of various components for adhesive bonding. Please observe the solvent manufacturer’s safety recommendations. Several Raychem epoxy adhesives and solvent base primers are also described in some cases. For specific handling precautions, please consult the appropriate Raychem material safety data sheet for the adhesive being used.
- Water sealing
- To be used with BSTS Tubing or other polyolefin tubing products