EXTENSIONS EXPAND EP 2.5 SIGNAL CONNECTOR FAMILY
Low insertion force contacts, TPA devices and dual row configurations expand applications for this wire-to-board and wire-to-wire signal connector, and new packaging options support automated board assembly processes.
The compact EP 2.5 family is based on a .098" [2.5mm] pitch and is rated for 250VAC at up to an industry-leading 4.2A. With a 26 to 20 AWG [.121-.601 mm²] wire size, and up to 40-positions, EP 2.5 is suited for signal and low power PC board connections when space is at a premium. EP 2.5 connectors offer two levels of mechanical and electrical reliability: A true locking latch prevents the plug housing and post header from vibrating apart, while an optional Terminal Position Assurance (TPA) device helps assure terminal seating.
EP 2.5 Connectors
Glow Wire test and UL 94 V-0 housings available
|Wire Size AWG|
|Economy Power 2.5 (EP 2.5)||2-40||.098 (2.50)||250 VAC||-55°C||26-20|
EP 2.5 Connector System
TE's EP 2.5 wire-to-board and wire-to-wire connector family is designed for signal circuit applications. Based on the proven economy power connector the advanced EP 2.5 line offers additional benefits. EP 2.5 connectors are rated for 250VAC at up to 4.2A. Both standard and new, low insertion force contacts are available. Contacts are offered for wire sizes 26-22 AWG and 24-20 AWG. Each contact features a wire barrel, insulation barrel, and locking window. The wire barrel has serrations, which aid in wire retention. The contacts are available in strip-form for termination using an automatic machine.
- Available in multiple colors.
- Selectively loaded headers available upon request.
- EP 2.5 connectors are intermateable to similar competitive products for retrofit applications.
- Positive audible latch designed for easier mating and unmating
- Polarization tabs help prevent post misalignment
- Compact 2.5mm centerline
- Asymmetrical terminals can only be loaded one way within housing
- Anti-fretting contact lubricant
- Glow wire materials available
- Household appliances
- Commercial and building equipment
- Industrial machinery and equipment: generators
- HVAC and vending controls
- Coin changers/vending machines
- Garage door openers