GRACE INERTIA Connector Series
GRACE INERTIA connectors mate to simultaneously complete the circuit and lock the connector. There are four keying methods and colors available in the 3.3mm, 3.5mm, 6.0mm, 6.2mm, 6.5mm, 7.92mm, 9.0mm, and 12.4mm centerline options. These small wire-to-wire and wire-to-board connectors are used for a wide range of large electrical products such as home appliances, transportation solutions, air conditioners, vending machines, industrial controls, and HVAC systems.
GRACE INERTIA connectors employ an inertia locking mechanism to simultaneously complete the circuit and "lock" the connector, which is an excellent solution for eliminating human error during assembly. This feature provides ideal mating reliability, prevents mismatching, and eliminates the need for complicated inspection processes. The carefully engineered design assures proper insertion, which prevents header pin deformation. The ergonomic design allows for easy assembly, while the compact pitch reduces overall connector size. Additionally, lanceless contacts prevent snagging or entanglement and the dual beam contact design helps provide good contact, and durability.
- Inertia locking mechanism helps prevent unintended disconnection
- Available in wire-to-board and wire-to-wire configurations
- Design assures proper insertion, which prevents header pin deformation
- Lanceless contacts prevent snagging or entanglement
- Dual beam contact design provides good contact and durability
- Several keying methods and colors available for the series
- Ergonomic design allows for easy assembly
- Optional double lock plates (TPA devices) available for some models
New 2.0mm Signal GRACE INERTIA
The market is demanding miniaturized, reliable connectors that provide cost saving opportunities. Understanding the needs of our customers, our engineers designed the Signal GRACE INERTIA connector system, the ideal solution to help save space on printed circuit boards (PCB) with added reliability through our optional terminal position assistance (TPA) accessories. TE’s Signal GRACE INERTIA connectors features advanced design concepts to facilitate more stable, reliable and durable connection. This narrow pitch compact product line offers current ratings up to 3 AMP, centerline pitches of 2.0mm and 2.5mm. Terminal Position Assurance (TPA) ensures that the contacts are properly seated in the housing and provide an extra measure of protection against contact back-out. The new design structure also reduces contact insertion force by as much as 59% during assembly.
- Anti-snag feature prevents wires from snagging on the latch and helps prevent latch breakage
- Use of IDC technology enables mass termination to provide higher automatic assembly efficiency and offers strain relief features and VDE certifications
- Available Through Hole (T/H), Vertical and Right Angle Surface Mount (SMT, RA SMT) shrouded headers.
With the rising demand for miniaturization, realiability and cost savings, our 2.0mm SIGNAL GRACE INERTIA connector system is the ideal solution to help save space on the PCB with added reliability through our optional terminal position assistance (TPA) accessories.
Urethane coating on PCB boards