Quick and Easy Field Installations with IP20 Plugs
Our Industrial RJ45 Cat6A modular plugs IP20 can be used in Cat6A Ethernet connections, where quick and error-free field installation is a key requirement. Features include automatic wire cut-off function, rugged design, and error-free assembly in under one minute. Download the product flyer to see how you can use this plug without the need of special tools.
Automatic wire cut-off function. TE Connectivity’s latest Industrial IP20 RJ45 Cat. 6A plug is based upon common core technology, a platform technology used in the entire industrial RJ45 product family. This RJ45 Cat. 6A plug is extending the family of Field Installable Cat5e common core designs with a connector that can be terminated tool-less with Cat6A cables in the field. This solution includes an automatic wire cut-off function, which provides an error-free installation and optimal performance in the field. Upon closing the core housing, the excess wire is cut off at the same time the wires are connected to the plug contacts. This TE solution is capable of terminating the most commonly used wire variant Cat6A and can handle 10 Gbps bit rates, supporting bandwidths of up to 500 MHz.
Due to its rugged design, including easy, error-free installation and optimal performance from the wire cut-off function, the RJ45 Cat 6A plug is particularly suited for demanding industrial cable applications such as control cabinets, motor/motor controls, machinery, robotics and more.
- Ruud van den Brink,
- Product Manager
TE’s new RJ45 Cat 6A plug can be terminated easily, quickly and without tools with Cat 6A cables, saving time in the field. The plug can handle 10 Gbps rates, supporting bandwidths of up to 500 MHz and offers a ruggedized design for use in industrial Ethernet applications. It is equipped with a robust and fast termination technology which includes an automatic wire cut-off function for error-free installation and optimal performance in the field. By closing the core housing, the excess wire is cut off, while at the same time the wires are connected to the plug contacts.
- Single Piece Common Core Cat. 6A plug with tool-less installation
- Automatic Wire cut-off function provides error-free installation and optimal performance
- Optional sealed housing guarantee IP65/67 performance
- Supports minimum 750 mating cycles
- Error-free assembly in under 1 minute and optimal performance will be obtained with integrated automatic wire cut-off function
- Rugged design and special features (e.g. metal latch) makes the plug extremely suited for demanding Industrial applications
- Broad range of wires (AWG 26 to AWG 22, solid and stranded) can be terminated without the use of tools
- Control cabinets
- Motor/Motor Controls
- and Industrial Cable Installations in many other applications