Reliability, Quality, Performance, Ruggedness
As the next-generation solution for current and future USB applications, our USB Type-C connectors are designed to an industry standard that provides a sleek, slim design small enough for handheld devices and small home appliances and robust enough for industrial applications. These products feature a reversible mating interface and receptacle designed to accept a plug in any direction, enabling easy, reliable mating. This connector supports a variety of different protocols, and with the use of adapters, it is backwards compatible to HDMI, VGA, DisplayPort, and other types of connections from the single USB Type-C port. We provide a distinctive electromagnetic interference (EMI) design on the back of the receptacle shell to help eliminate unwanted EMI leakage, as well as enhanced board retention features, waterproof and splashproof options for better performance in rugged environments.
USB Type-C Connectors
- Supports USB4 Gen 3, USB 3.1 Gen 1, USB 3.1 Gen 2 and USB 2.0 types
- Provide one interconnect solution for data, power, and A/V
- Designed with a flippable and reversible mating interface
- Deliver power up to 100W at 20V
- Backward compatible to other USB connectors using converter cables or adaptors
- Distinctive design on the back of the receptacle shell for industry leading EMI performance
- Enhanced board retention features for added durability
- IPX8 waterproof and IPX4 splash proof options available
- Available in one of the smallest dual row SMT footprints, saving valuable board real-estate
New USB4 Gen 3 Connectors
TE’s new USB Type-C (USB4 Gen 3) receptacle connectors provide the premium performance required by next-generation applications like mobile phones and notebooks in AI and IoT that demand data transfer speeds up to 40 Gbps and reliable charging functionality.
• Excellent signal integrity (SI) performance in harsh environments (from low to high frequency)
• Transfers data up to 40 Gbps
• Backward-compatible with Thunderbolt 3, USB 3.x and USB 2.0 connectors
• Excellent structure strength for a more robust connector shell
• Manufactured with an advanced insert molding process that helps avoid pin warping issues
• Supports resistance to damage and connection integrity during the customer assembly process
In this video, Ben Wang, Product Manager, will discuss frequently asked questions about USB Type-C connectors.
Our USB Type-C receptacles help protect devices in harsh environments with industry leading IPX8 water ingression performance per IEC60529.
Our splash proof USB Type-C receptacles are IPX4 rated and save valuable board real-estate for your designs with one of the smallest dual row SMT footprints.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is special about TE's USB Type-C receptacles?
A: TE's distinctive design on the back of the receptacle shell provides industry leading EMI performance while the enhanced board retention features provide added durability for applications with demanding mating cycles. TE's receptacles also offer one of the smallest dual row SMT footprints, saving valuable board real-estate.
Q: Does TE offer a water resistant version of USB Type-C?
A: Yes. Splash proof options are available that are IPX4 rated to protect against water splashed from all directions.
Read more: USB Frequently Asked Questions