Fast, Quiet and Efficient
Our CSP 5T Shuttle electric press incorporates an automatic shuttle system for fast and simple product presentation, and is focused at the application of PCBs onto compliant pin housings and connectors. Force capacity is available up to 3 tons [27 kN] and the system is capable of monitoring and controlling the force, distance and speed—and maintaining quality records in real-time—of every press cycle. With PC control, the CSP provides an easily-programmed press system with automatic set up from press cycle to press cycle. Compared to pneumatic or hydraulic systems, the CSP is quiet, efficient and does not suffer PCB-damaging oil leaks. An optional pin penetration sensing tooling can assure the proper location and penetration of every pin applied through the PCB.
- Shuttle electric press with shuttle system for product location under press ram
- Housing capacity of 3"x 6" [75mm x 150 mm]. Other sizes are possible.
- Press force capacity up to 3 tons [27 kN]
- Speed – Application dependent. Typical time for shuttle in, press and shuttle out is 6 -10 seconds.
- Ability to monitor and control force, distance and speed for every press cycle
- Full SPC data of every component pressed for quality assurance and traceability.
- Optional pin penetration sensing (PPS) tooling assures proper pin penetration
- Database driven software for simple programming and automatic set-up
- Interface - Mouse and keyboard (touchscreen monitor is optional)
- Power - 120 VAC, 1 ph, 20 A, 50/60 Hz
- Air- Shop air of 5 CFM at 80 psi
- Dimensions - W - 30"[760 mm], L - 38" [965 mm], H- 64" [1625 mm]
Automatic Product Shuttle
A key feature of the CSP press system is an automatic shuttle that positions the PCB and housing\connector stack up underneath the upper insertion tool. The system assures part presence then shuttles the product under the ram mounted upper tool to complete the press cycle. This allows the operator to perform other tasks, such as preparing the next assembly or even bar code the next product, while the press cycle is completed automatically. This helps reduce scrap associated with improperly positioned products and increases overall process throughput.
Monitor and Control For Quality.
Eliminate Operator Error
With feedback and PC control, CSP systems can monitor and control each characteristic of every press stroke run on the press in real-time. If any aspect of a press cycle is outside of specified limits, the system can stop the press mid-stroke to prevent damage to the product and reduce or eliminate scrap. Quality is provided not only through the monitoring and control of the press cycle, but also through the avoidance of operator error. By preprogramming the parameters of the product applied, the CSP will automatically adjust set-up parameters from one press cycle to the next. There is no need for (and therefore no chance of operator error associated with) adjusting stroke stops or force adjustments from one cycle to the next.
Optional Pin Penetration Sensing Tooling (PPS)
Option pin penetration sensing (PPS) tooling provides an additional quality check for products applied on a CSP. PPS tools are specifically designed for the product applied to verify that every pin properly penetrates the PCB by a predetermined distance.