Terminate and Splice Magnet Wire
AMPLIVAR terminals and splices are specially designed for copper (Cu) and/or aluminum (Al) magnet wire. Terminals are insulation displacing; so, magnet wires do not require a separate prestripping operation. A unique wire barrel design, with serrations and burrs, produces a superior metal-to-metal compression crimp with excellent tensile strength. Various splices are offered, along with ring tongue and FASTON quick-connect terminals. As many as three magnet wires can be terminated simultaneously in one barrel. In addition, Cu or Al magnet wire, or a combination of both, can be terminated. When required, magnet wire can be combined with prestripped standard solid or stranded lead wires. With new application tooling, AMPLIVAR splices and be bussed together to splice four or more magnet wires in nearly infinite combinations.
AMPLIVAR Terminals and Splices
- Up to three magnet wires plus a lead wire in the same crimp
- Bussed splices support splicing of four or more magnet wires
- Cu and Al magnet wire can be combined
- Penetrates the magnet wire insulation while simultaneously terminating wire (no need to pre-strip)
- Excellent tensile strength, vibration resistant
- Provides a superior electrical connection free of contaminants such as stripper residue and solder flux
- Available in 5, 7, and 9 serration versions as well as miniature and subminiature designs for terminations in the 400 to 1600 CMA range
AMPLIVAR splices have machined, sharp edged serrations inside the crimp barrels. These serrations, made by a special production process, pierce the insulating layer of magnet wires in a manner that provides a large contact area.
- Machine Applied Terminations, Open Barrel Terminals,
- Catalog, Page 43
AMPLIVAR Splice and FASTON Quick Connect Receptacle
TE combines two of its products to help with fast compact termination, AMPLIVAR splices with FASTON quick connects. This combination will benefit in removing the necessity for a separate stranded wire terminal connection to input/output devices as well lead wire and smoldering.
- Higher quality based on high termination rates
- Crimping capability on three magnet wires collectively
- Eliminates cold solder points and weld burns
- Efficiency of production increased
- Power tools
- Garage door openers
- Electrical utility meters
- Fuel pumps