Utilities around the world are facing challenges such as rising energy demands, aging or nonexistent infrastructure, complex financing and extreme environments. By 2040, the global demand for electric energy is expected to increase by 37%*. To support this change, substations must have the right transfer capacity and robustness to enable power flow when and where it is needed. Connectors installed in your new or retrofit substation can help you increase its reliability and performance. But more than that, the right connectors enable reduction in installation time and cost, as well as a reduction in power outages. This is what our broad range of high voltage substation connectors do.
The Future of Energy Delivery Relies On a Modular Approach
To overcome the challenges utilities are facing, it is advisable to employ a modular approach to future network expansion and to rely on an engineering partner that is capable of meeting today’s demands with a list of ready-stocked products – and that is prepared to anticipate tomorrow’s needs with reliable solutions.
Before investing in any partnership, you should consider the performance of your partner in three key areas:
• Range of products and services: retrofitting existing installations requires numerous connectors to fit a wide variety equipment. Finding a single partner to handle the sheer number of options and products needed could have a significant impact not only on a project’s budget but also on the timeline to completion.
• Depth of industry experience and knowledge: energy demands and applications are rapidly changing. Possessing a depth of knowledge and history in power transmission allows partners to develop forward-looking solutions.
• Global capacity for manufacturing, testing, installation and support: custom, local installation support and training are critical for network reliability and performance.
Modular Substation Connectors
Our mechanical substation connectors are available for rigid bus connections and overhead aluminium flexible conductors. They have been created to replace multiple connector types hense reducing lead time, eliminating waste and improving performances of your substations. SIMABUS and SIMAFLEX connectors are tailor made and produced with components kept on stock. The main technical benefit of this range is to offer compact connectors with high electrical and mechanical performance obtained by a design with optimized parameters. Register and review our webinar.
SIMABUS Substation Connectors
Are suitable for rigid bus connections in AC & DC applications up to 550 kV for both Metric and Imperial sizes. The range includes:
• Mechanical supports of busbars on post insulators
• Junctions on post insulators (fix and expansion types)
• Accessories such as end caps, corona shieldings and earthing stirrups, vibration dampers
• Derivations such as tee connectors (tube to tube)
• Terminations (fix and expansion types) to connect busbars to terminal equipment such as aluminium or copper pads/studs
Simaflex Substation Connectors
Have been designed for flexible cable connections in AC & DC applications up to 550 kV for both Metric and Imperial sizes. The range includes:
• Mechanical supports of flexible conductors on post insulators
• Accessories such as earthing stirrups, spacers
• Conductor(s) to conductor(s) connectors (tee, parallel groove, etc.)
• Terminal connector conductor(s) to terminal equipment (stud and flat palm)
• Transition connectors tube to conductor(s) (tee and parallel connectors)
• Adjustable angular (0° to 90°) connectors to terminal equipment (stud and flat palm)
To support this intensified demand, substations must have the right transfer capacity and robustness to ensure the power to flow where and when it's needed. Connectors installed in your new or retrofit substation can help you increase its reliability, robustness and performance. But more than that, the right connectors enable installation time and cost as well as power losses reduction. This is what our TE Connectivity high voltage substation ranges of connectors do.