Meet Glow Wire requirements
Several connector housing and header styles and configurations are available in a special Glow Wire compatible material. Included are wire-to-wire solutions in panel mount, free hanging, and wire-to-board connectors in vertical or right angle options with different centerline spacing and current ratings available. Additional design configurations include circular, flanged, sealed, and colored housings to provide a solution for nearly every application in household appliances, such as electric motors, reliable heating, and cooling elements. Glow Wire is a test required by IEC/EN 60335-1 5th Edition: Household and Similar Appliances – Safety. This standard became a requirement in 2001 for home appliance devices sold in Europe. Therefore, it is of primary relevance in this region, but Asia Pacific and American companies also need to comply to serve global appliance manufacturers.
Glow Wire Capable Connectors
- Glow Wire Ignition Test (GWIT) of at least 775°C
- Requires tests to be conducted on three material plates in order to satisfy the IEC 60335-1 5th Edition
- Glow Wire Flammability Index (GWFI) of at least 850°C and GWT NF tested
- Reduces time and expense associated with end product testing on molded parts
- Offered in V2 and/or V0 Glow Wire material capable
- An adaptable and versatile product line that can be used in a large range of applications
Glow Wire Testing (GWT)
Our Glow Wire products comply with industry requirements. We evaluate product performance through severe tests and meet the specifications of the IEC Glow Wire Test on material flammability and fire resistance. The test can be done on end products, raw material test plates, products that are used by a person, or products that work on their own.
TE Connectivity is committed toward providing a range of products to help appliance customers meet the flammability requirements of IEC 60335-1.
- Glow Wire Capable Connectors,
- White Paper
Fans and hoods
Water heaters and boilers
Glow Wire, V-0, Universal MATE-N-LOK Connectors Housings and Headers
Universal MATE-N-LOK cap and plug housings are now available in material meeting the Glow Wire test (GWT) requirement according to IEC 60335-1 5th edition (750°C, without flame), as well as the requirements of UL 94 V-0.