Our complete portfolio of headers for connecting electronic control units (ECU) is designed for a wide range of automotive applications. We also offer additional components and advanced manufacturing technologies such as press-fit for pre-verified end-to-end solutions that drive efficiency.
Automotive grade printed circuit board (PCB) headers. TE offers a complete portfolio of automotive-grade PCB headers that support signaling, low/ medium power, high voltage, high pin counts, data connectivity, miniaturization and sealing for external applications. Our innovative related technologies such as Press-fit, including innovative insertion zone technology and ultra-low risk plating together with reliable seating machines, enables efficient solder-free manufacturing efficiency. Our headers are also pre-verified with our terminal technologies such as NanoMQS and MCON, providing end-to-end solutions that help eliminate compatibility issues and risk of manufacturing disruption
What is the Role of a Header?
- Interface between a monitored environment and sensitive in-vehicle intelligence.
- Connection technology between power circuit board and connector.
- Transmission of signals and power from controller to consumers via connector and harness.
TE's Header Products
- Miniaturized: A vehicle’s weight can be reduced by using lighter or less material, improving fuel efficiency and reducing C02 emissions. TE Connectivity’s NanoMQS and MCON 0.50 terminal and connector systems only require about half of the packaging space versus 0.63 mm2 systems. The headers are designed to withstand harsh environments such as high vibrations due to their low mass and contact force.
- Signal Transmission: TE offers an extensive header portfolio in all possible configurations to ensure signal transmission in every automotive application, including the most critical connections with 0.63 mm2 terminals. MQS headers are available in all required pin counts and mounting types, as well as various surfaces.
- Low and Medium Power: Low-power connections are required for a wide range of automotive control applications, including seats and doors, steering wheels and electric mirrors. TE offers a broad low-power product portfolio with timer, MCON and AMP MCP families in all required configurations.
- Press-Fit and Surface Mount (SMD): TE offers a header portfolio for the growing demand for surfacemount and press-fit applications. Lighting, sensors and other automotive applications can be easily connected by TE press-fit and SMD headers. TE also offers an extensive portfolio of connector-seating machines to insert press-fit headers on any PCB.
- High Pin Count: TE offers an extensive high pin count portfolio for airbag, engine control, audio and many other applications. Headers are available in different blade sizes, sealed versions and with various surfaces.
- High Voltage (HV): With more than 50 years of experience in automotive connectivity systems and high-voltage electricity TE enables the connections needed to safely, efficiently and reliably make hybrid and electric mobility a reality. TE’s broad line of high voltage (HV) connectors support all needed interfaces in hybrid and electric vehicles.
- Data Connectivity: Connectivity is core to seamless power, signal and data for vehicles. TE solutions help to meet the evolving challenges and requirements of the auto industry, including data connectivity through a wide range of technologies based on coax, shielded, optical and wireless mediums. Our solutions also provide reliable performance in harsh environments, such as extreme temperature variations and vibrations in rugged terrain.
Features and Benefits:
- Support almost all automotive harsh-environment applications.
- Complementary press-fit and ultra-low whisker risk plating technologies and pre-verified terminals.
- Original automotive-grade design and manufacturing.
- Robust automotive-grade miniaturization with up to 80 percent space savings.
- Automotive-grade quality assurance and global standards/compliance.
- Global design and manufacturing.
- Body Control
- Car Audio
- Collision / Warning
- Dashboard / Head Unit
- E-call Telematics
- Electric Motor
- Electric Roof
- Electric Trunk
- Electric Windows
- Gateway Module
- Infotainment Interface
- Power and Heated Seats
- Tire Pressure
View a recent discussion on TE's advantage for miniaturized connectivity products in automotive applications.