This T-connector family is optimized & tested specifically for the Rail market and meets EN45545-2:2013 – HL2. The grounding of the T-connector is improved, sealed, shock & vibration resistant and disconnectable.
There is no need for a second grounding lead and ensures improved ease of installation once the cable assembly has been made and tested before installation in the vehicle.
Tested against specific Rail standards
- Shock & vibration standards. (IEC 61373: 2010)
- Smoke & Fire norm. (EN45545-2:2013 – HL2)
- High Voltage Switching Transients Accelerated Life Test, a special TE Connectivity in-house developed test method to simulate the typical transient effects generated in rolling stock roofline applications.
- Silicone rubber insulation offering reliable operation over an extremely wide range of operating temperatures.
- Environmentally sealed/shock & vibration resistant connector fitted to the grounding lead enabling disconnection from the cable screen for installation and/or test purposes.
- The insulation of the T-connector is made of a highly modified silicone rubber characterized by high tracking resistance, elongation at break and non-flammability.
- A thin walled screen is permanently bonded onto the insulation that protects the connection system against accidental contact.
- The screened connector need not be removed for over sheath testing.
- The earth lead can be easily disconnected via the single pole AMP Superseal 1.5 SERIES sealed connector.
- The overall dimensions are designed to take up minimum space.
- Easily accessible rear plug with capacitive test point for determining whether the
circuit is energized. A conductive cap protects this test point.
- The screened cable connector exceeds CENELEC HD 629.1 S2 requirements,
which includes BS; VDE and other international specifications.
- Design is made for applications up to 800 A and fits both 630 A and 1250 A bushings
(Interface “C1” and “C2”) as specified by EN50180 and EN50181.
- RSTI-68R-HT connector is compatible with a CLC/TS 50537 compliant bushing.
- Suitable for train interior and exterior HV connections (mechanical protection recommended for exterior installations).
- The compact design supports the use of double “T” connections (stacked or
inline joint) inside standard cabinets and on the train roofs.
- The wide application range covers cable cross sections from 50 to 240 mm2.
- Conductor connection with 800 A DIN compression copper lugs.
- Suitable for – but not limited to – 18/30 kV and 26/45 kV cables for Rolling Stock such as:
PRYSMIAN’s DRAKA TENAX-TRAIN-Plus Cable (N)TMCWOEU
PRYSMIAN’s PROTOLON (HMK) Cable (N)TMCGCHXOEUK
NEXANS’ FLAMEX® Cable (N)TMCGCHXOE
NEXANS' FLAMEX PANTO®
- Cable core insulation diameter range 28.9 – 42.0 mm
- Conductor cross section range 50 – 240 mm2
- Maximum system voltage 42 kV
- Continuous current rating 800 A
- Basic Impulse Level 200 kV
- Partial discharge at 2 U0 < 2 pC
- AC voltage withstand, 5 min 93.5 kV
- DC voltage withstand, 15 min 125 kV
- Thermal short circuit, 1 sec 55 kA
- Thermal short circuit, 3 sec 32 kA
- Dynamic short circuit 125 kA
Introducing the new rail approved T-Connector. 800 A up to 42 kV optimized for Rolling Stock & High Transient applications. RSTI-68R-HT connectors, RSTI-CC-68R-HT coupling connectors & inline joints. This T-connector family is optimized & tested specifically for the Rail market and meets the new European fire & smoke norm.
PRYSMIAN, DRAKA, PROTOLON, NEXANS, FLAMEX, FLAMEX PANTO are trademarks of their respective owners