Speed of application, uniform reliability, low per-line cost. These advantages have made our FASTON connector products the industry leader in the appliance and automotive industries. The same advantages continue to attract more users. With over 60 years of experience providing quick connects to our customers, we constantly strive to introduce new and improved products to add to our quick connect family. Our commitment to innovation and continuous improvement allows the FASTON terminal product line to remain the leader in the industry. Recent extensions to the product line include an expanded range of low insertion force terminals, high temperature terminals and low profile terminals. A complete line of application tooling has been developed specifically for FASTON terminals. Crimping dimensions for each terminal are precisely controlled so all connections are identical in performance.
Insulation and Configuration
- Insulated and uninsulated
- Straight and flag configurations
- Stress relieved receptacles
- Various plating options
- Positive Lock connector solutions
- High temperature solutions
- Application tooling
Speed of application, uniform reliability, low per-line cost. These advantages have made TE’s FASTON products the industry leader in the appliance and automotive industries. A complete line of application tooling has been developed specifically for these terminals. Crimping dimensions for each terminal are precisely controlled so all connections are identical in performance.
Receptacles and Tabs
- Flag Receptacles: Flag receptacles are a reliable termination for applications where space is a critical factor. These receptacles have a mating tab which is a right angle to axis of conductor.
- Straight Receptacles: Straight receptacles are created with or without insulation. Receptacles with insulation have diameters of .040-.230.
- Wire Crimp Tabs: These tabs are specifically designed for line splices and other special applications. Wire Crimp Tabs can be applied to 22-14 AWG wire with "F" crimp termination and have insulation support.
- Printed Circuit Board Tabs: Designed for PCB hole insertion and permanent fixing through solderling.
- Board Mount Tabs: Available in all series. The mounting process for board tabs utilizes rivets or screws through stud holes. TE offers board mount tabs in 90 degree configurations and angled versions.
- Locking Action and Contact Area: Designed to increase contact surfaces and lock tabs and receptacles at the proper insertion depth for firm retention.
Materials and Finishes
Bronze, Steel, Brass, Tin, and Silver
- Phosphor Bronze Plain: Used in applications where brass would normally corrode - such as ammonia.
- Brass Plain: Used frequently where applications have optimal environmental conditions.
- Steel Nickel Plated: Allows for reliable connections at high temperatures. Suitable for appliance applications.
- Brass / Phosphor Bronze Silver Plated: Silver plated connections allow the highest operating temperature and higher current carrying capacity corroded. Suitable for ammonia.
- Brass / Phosphor Bronze Tin Plated: Tin plating of receptacle and tab improves operation at higher temperatures, and in addition helps to protect the connection against corrision.
Forces for Crimp Pull-Out
Tensile Strength, FASTON Terminals
Maximum tensile strength of the wire to terminal connection does not ensure reliable electrical performance. An acceptable compromise between maximum tensile strength and electrical stability is recommended. Normally, the tensile strength is much greater than the force required to disconnect the tab from the receptacle; therefore, no difficulties or hazards are encountered.
The forces shown for the crimp pull out test represent the minimum force required to seperate the wire from the crimped terminal in an axis parallel to the wire exit direction from the contact. This force does not include the holding force of the insulation crimp (if applicable).
|Forces for Crimp Pull-out Test (UL-310 Specification)|
|Wire Size||Minimum Force|
Household Appliances and Systems
- Washing machines
- Electric and gas ranges
- Wall ovens