TE Connectivity (TE) is committed to making vehicles safer, greener and more connected. To transport passengers safely and efficiently, vehicles need data. Our vehicle sensors can sense and respond to changing conditions, inside and out. TE's automotive sensors help provide the data for control, adaptation and response of vehicle functions that increase safety, comfort, and efficiency. Our technology is an integral part of many modern nervous systems in cars, trucks, buses and off-road vehicles. TE’s automotive sensors are designed and manufactured to exacting specifications, often on a custom basis.
Capabilities of TE's Automotive Sensor Portfolio
- Brake sensors are used in vehicle applications such as travel sensor for brake master cylinder position (optional redundancy), rotary sensor for brake pedal position detection (optional redundancy); contactless brake light switch and wheel speed sensor.
- Pressure sensors such as the vacuum brake booster sensor and brake line pressure used for ABS/ESC modules.
- Wide range of chassis solutions for roof and convertible switches, actuator and cylinder position, seat position and weight classification. Our humidity and temperature sensors are used in HVAC systems to prevent wind screen fogging and for energy management.
- Clutch sensors are used in vehicle applications such as Permanent-magnetic Linear Contactless Displacement (PLCD) sensors for concentric slave cylinder and clutch slave cylinder, rotary sensors for clutch pedal position detection; contactless switch for clutch master cylinder and travel sensor for clutch master cylinder and Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT).
- Engine and e-motor sensors are used in vehicle applications such as position sensors for turbo charger actuator, pneumatic (EGR) Cylinder, CAM and crank shaft speed sensors and resolvers for e-motor commutation.
- Exhaust sensors are manufactured for urea quality, level and temperature, urea pump pressure and exhaust gas temperature (EGTS).
- Transmission sensors are used in vehicle applications such as all gear / neutral detection for manual transmission (MT) to support start and stop function, drive mode (travel or rotary) for automatic (AT), continuously variable (CVT), or dual clutch (DCT) transmissions. We also provide pressure and temperature solutions.
TE's Marcus Schulte describes how we work with our customers to help limit vehicle emissions. One example is a sensor we created to measure the quality and concentration of urea in systems that reduce the amount of greenhouse gases created by diesel engines.