From power bussing to power with signal
TE has the products and services you need. Our wide variety of power connector types, specialty cabling and bussing, and superior design capabilities are the right match for your unique application.
- AC to DC and DC to DC
- Power supplies
- High end computers
- Data storage equipment
- Telecommunications switches
- High density power distirbution
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS)
- Removable battery packs
- Board stacking
- Power distribution
Things to Consider When Choosing Power Connectors
- Application: Does the application require a board-to-board, wire-to-board, wire-to-wire, bus bar, card edge or a combination of these types of connectors?
- Current and Voltage: Does the connector require power only, or a combination of power and signal? How much current is required in the application? Keep in mind that power connector performance is typically measured in amperes (or amps). The voltage is also very important as it defines the spacing between the contacts.
- Hot-Pluggability: Will the application be mated while under electrical load? If so, a hot-pluggable connector is required. Many of the products in this guide have been approved for use in hot-plug applications.