Bus Bar Power Connectivity
Our bus bar connectors provide means of distributing power within a system. Our broad portfolio includes compact sockets for space efficiency, hot pluggability to ease installation, and a wide range of current ratings for multiple applications.
Bus Bar Products
- AMP Power Tap Connectors
- AMPOWER Wave Crimp System
- CROWN CLIP Connectors
- CROWN EDGE Connectors
- CROWN LINE Power Connectors
- FLATPAQ Connectors
- ICCON Single-Pole Connectors
- Pluggable Bus Bar Connectors
- RAPID LOCK Quick Connect / Disconnect Connectors
AMPOWER Wave Crimp System
The AMPOWER Wave Crimp System is a family of interconnections featuring a unique flat copper cable termination which makes it suitable for power distribution. The wide variety of AMPOWER interfaces available from TE for flat cable make it a versatile, innovative, and cost effective solution for power distribution. AMPOWER flat cable assemblies provide a unique and effective means of distributing power from source to load in today’s high speed, high density systems.
- Separable interfaces have positive locking, polarization and contact shrouding
- Right-angle and vertical headers on 2.54 [.100] centers, accommodate standard 1.02 [.040] PCB hole diameter
- Four cable self-aligning connector can pickup 2.03 [.080] misalignment off a common axis and measures 80 amps per cable (at 30ºC temperature rise) depending upon the application
- Unique tap permits branching of trunk lines to serve multiple distribution points
- Assemblies are measured at 70-110 amps (with 30ºC temperature rise) depending upon mounting interface
- Recognized under the Component Program of Underwriters Laboratories, Inc., File No. E28476, No. E13288, and No. E53799
- Certified by Canadian Standards Association, File No. LR7189A-149
- First flat cable tap that allows branching from primary trunk lines, side tapping and discrete wire tapping
- Blind mate drawer connectors feature sequential mating and signal contacts
CROWN CLIP Jr. Connectors
The CROWN CLIP JUNIOR connector provides a space efficient connector in solder or screw mount configurations ideal for power supply/distribution applications. It is hot plug capable for controlled and reliable separation of high power. The connector mates to a 3.0mm thick plated Bus Bar that provides a separable interface to ease assembly, inspection and trouble shooting.
- Current: 150 A
- Mating force: 40 N max
- Mating Bus Bar thickness: 3.0 ±0.1 mm
- Bus Bar misalignment: ±0.75 mm max
- Hot pluggable: Yes
- Contact resistance: 0.2 milliohms max
RAPID LOCK Quick Connect/Disconnect Connectors
The RAPID LOCK connector is a single-pole, quick connect/disconnect replacement for lug connections, used in bus bar and backplane power distribution applications. RAPID LOCK connectors allow a reliable and safe connection, as well as better serviceability, than bolt-fitted lugs. The cable mounted sockets have a right angle configuration, and feature an insulator cap that provides the retention mechanism on the pin. The pin contacts can be attached to a bus bar by screw or swage, and to a backplane by press fit and backup screw. Service in the field becomes very easy with RAPID LOCK connectors because there are no nuts and washers to lose in the equipment. The RAPID LOCK connector is available with red or black color insulators.
By replacing power lugs fitted using nuts and bolts, the RAPID LOCK connector offers an extremely secure interconnect mechanism that totally frees the power distribution system from the risk of loose connections, which can cause arcing.
A locking feature is provided on the pins for protection against accidental unlatching of the cable. Although connection of the cable is easily performed by hand, disconnection requires a simple tool to provide the leverage needed to overcome the locking feature.
- Replacement for threaded studs
- No loose nuts = no fretting/heat rise
- Proven CROWN BAND Technology
- Quick connect/disconnect
- Safety locking feature
- Currents from up to 300A
- Wire sizes from 2.5 to 95mm²
- Color coding available
- Protective cable/crimp covers
- Industry standard crimp tooling
AMP, AMPOWER, CROWN CLIP, CROWN EDGE, CROWN LINE, FLATPAQ, ICCON, RAPID LOCK are trademarks.