Reduce, Limit, and Control EMI
Due to a growing need for thinner devices with multiple antennas, higher data rates, and increased operating frequencies, modern mobile devices require better solutions for reducing or limiting the effect of electromagnetic interference (EMI).
Board level shielding: EMI shields from TE. These shields are stamped one-piece and two-piece metal cages that help provide isolation of board level components, minimize crosstalk, and reduce EMI susceptibility without impacting system speed. Although we use standardized materials and offer common design features and options, every BLS project is customized to fit your design requirements. Complete the Custom BLS Design form (see link above), and a member of the TE team will respond shortly.
Board Level Shielding (BLS) is manufactured in our Qingdao Plant. BLS is made in one continuous, fully automated line where the product is first stamped, 100% inspected, and packaged for shipment.
Title: Board Level Shielding – Manufacturing Capability
- Board Level Shielding
- Board Level Shielding (BLS) is manufactured in TE Connectivity’s Qingdao Plant, which employs over 2,000 employees and covers over 35,000 m2.
- Continuous and fully automated line
- Stamping – 100% co-planarity inspection - Packaging
- Raw Material loaded into straightener
- Transfer via conveyor belt
- 100% co-planarity inspection
- Automatic transfer to packaging
Board Level Shielding
- Two-piece solution (minimum 0.85mm height)
- One-piece solution (minimum 0.7mm height)
- Standardized materials and thicknesses
- Use of standardized features includes: corner shape, carrier attachment, SMT (castellations), bending radii, pick and place features, through holes, locking holes, locking and contact dimples
- Complex? Custom? High volume? No problem.
- Extensive experience in EMI, stamping, plating, and automation
- Globally deployed field application engineers (FAE) for local support
- Streamlined, automated, and continuous production line
- Most custom parts available 3-5 days from design freeze
- Benefits from global scale and low cost manufacturing
Board Level Shielding
- Consumer electronics
- The Internet of Things
- Point of sale equipment
As mobile device complexity and functionality increases, there is a growing need for thinner devices with multiple antennas, higher data rates, and increased operating frequencies. EMI shields from TE are stamped one- and two-piece metal cages that help provide isolation of board level components, minimize crosstalk, and reduce EMI susceptibility without impacting system speed.
With BLS, we are able to leverage TE core competencies of high-speed stamping and automation into customer benefits that allow faster time-to-market and volume, at competitive prices.
- Frank Basile,
- Product Manager, TE Consumer Devices