The Mini-Universal MATE-N-LOK connector system is a compact and durable connector system that utilizes a combination of pins and sockets intermixed in the plug and cap housings to achieve maximum electrical performance in a .163” [4.14mm] centerline. Mini-Universal MATE-N-LOK connector housings are fully polarized to provide proper plug-to-cap mating incorporating a positive locking mechanism to help prevent accidental disengagement of mated connectors. The contacts are completely enclosed in housings, have low mating force, and are removable to maintain flexibility in the system. Available in standard panel mount, free hanging, and wire-to-board capability, the Mini-Universal MATE-N-LOK connector system also offers a sealed connector system ideal wherever moisture resistance is required or where there is high humidity, intermittent liquid splashing, or foam-in applications.
Mini-Universal MATE-N-LOK Connectors
The Mini-Universal MATE-N-LOK connector system offers wire-to-wire and wire-to-board connections with contacts on a 4.14 mm [.163] centerline and current ratings up to 9.5 amps max. per line. Plug and receptacle housings allow wire-to-wire and wire-to-panel configurations and header assemblies offer wire-to-board connections in vertical and right angle configurations. Wire-to-wire, free-hanging, or panel mount options are available in 1-15 position in-line, dual row, or matrix configurations and wire-to-board systems in dual row and matrix configurations are available in 2-24 positions. Hermaphroditic housings are also available in 2-4 positions for free-hanging applications. Crimp, snap-in pin, and receptacle contacts are used to terminate 30-16 [0.05-1.2 mm2] AWG wire with insulation diameters up to 3.20 mm.
The Mini-Universal MATE-N-LOK connector system also offers a splash-proof design allowing for use in areas where high humidity, intermittent liquid splashing, or foam-in applications require a sealed connector for improved electrical performance. The sealed system is available in select 2-16 positions.
- 600 VAC or VDC, 9.5 Amp maximum
- 30 - 16 AWG wire range
- Available in tin or gold plating
- 9 Lb minimum contact retention
- Wire-to-wire, 1-15 positions
- Wire-to-board, vertical and right angle, 2-14 positions
- UL94V-0 and 94V-2 rated housings available
- Available in a sealed version
- Vertical and right angle pin headers
- Contacts are available in strip form or loose piece
- Splash-proof design for applications that require sealing
- HVAC systems
- Power supplies
- Fan modules
- Indoor/Outdoor lighting
- Wiring harness assemblies
- Medical devices
- Utility vehicles
- Security systems
- Industrial controls
- Traffic control devices
- Storage and networking systems
Mini-Universal MATE-N-LOK Sealed Connector System
- Splash-proof design allows use in areas where high humidity, intermittent liquid splashing, or foam-in applications require a sealed connector for improved electrical performance
- Wire-to-wire and wire-to-board
- Dual row, 2 to 10 positions (even only) and 16 positions
- Mates with all standard Mini-Universal MATE-N-LOK connector housings and pin headers (except Blindmate)
- Positive, polarized keyed and latched orientation to ease application
Mini-Universal MATE-N-LOK 2 Connectors
- One molded piece, secondary locking plug and cap housing assemblies
- Three-point stabilization to provide better terminal position
- Fully polarized to provide proper plug-to-cap mating
- Lanceless contacts for tangle-free handling
- Tooless contact removal
- Tin or duplex gold plated contacts
- Available in 2 through 24 circuit sizes wire-to-wire and wire-to-board
- Mates with standard MiniUniversal MATE-N-LOK headers and connectors
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the current and voltage requirements for your application?
|The Mini-Universal MATE-N-LOK connector system has a maximum current rating of 9.5 Amps per line and is rated for 600 Volts AC/DC.|
What are the wire type and size requirements?
|The Mini-Universal MATE-N-LOK connector system contacts are approved for use with 4 different wire ranges from 30 AWG [0.05] to 16 AWG [1.20] wire with a maximum insulation diameter of .126 [3.20].|
|What are the number of positions?||
The Mini-Universal MATE-N-LOK connector system is available in wire-to-wire, free-hanging, or panel mount options in 1-15 position in-line, dual row, or matrix configurations and wire-to-board is available in 2-24 positions dual row and matrix configurations. The hermaphroditic housings are available in 2-4 positions for freehanging applications and the sealed system is available in select 2-16 positions.
What are the operating temperature requirements?
|The Mini-Universal MATE-N-LOK connector system has a maximum operating temperature of 105°C. For more information regarding operating temperatures refer to Product Specification 108-1542.|
What is the benefit of using the hermaphroditic housings?
|The Mini-Universal MATE-N-LOK connector system offers a special hermaphroditic housing design where 2 of the same housings in the same position size mate to one another. The benefit of this design simply reduces the amount of part numbers and inventory for the user.|
|What is the benefit of using the Mini-Universal MATE -N-LOK Sealed Connector System?||
The Mini-Universal MATE-N-LOK Sealed Connector System offers a splash-proof design for use in areas where high humidity, intermittent liquid splashing or foam-in applications require a sealed connector for improved electrical performance. The sealed system is available in select 2-16 positions and requires either individual or ganged wire seals and an interface seal in conjunction with the plug and cap housings uniquely designed to accommodate these seals. The sealed plug housings with wire and interface seal can also be mated to the standard Mini-Universal MATE-N-LOK headers without drain holes for a sealed wire to board application.