Designed for always-on connectivity
TE Connectivity’s (TE) extended line of versatile Economy Power (EP) wire-to-board connectors is widely used for power circuit applications.
Advanced Economy Power (EP) II connectors offer more benefits than the proven EP design on which they are based. EP II connectors have a .156" [3.96mm] pitch and are rated 600VAC at up to 11A, offering potential for a larger range of applications along with 22-18 AWG [.321-.963 mm²] wire size. With up to 12-positions the EP II connector is well-suited for delivering power to the board. EP II connectors offer two levels of mechanical and electrical reliability: A true locking latch prevents the plug housing and post header from vibrating apart, while an optional Terminal Position Assurance (TPA) device helps assure terminal seating.
Housing rating of UL 94V-0
|Wire Size AWG|
|Economy Power (EP)||1-12||.156 (3.96)||250 VAC||-25°C||18-22|
|Economy Power II (EP II)||2-12||.156 (3.96)||600 VAC||-55°C||16-22|
Economy Power Connector System
TE's Economy Power (EP) wire-to-board connector family is widely used for power circuit applications. Based on the proven EP version the new and advanced EP II line offers additional benefits. EP II connectors are rated for 600VAC at up to 11A and thus offer potential for a larger range of applications. Still their electric properties make it an option to mix signal and power in one connector. The contact is available in sizes 22-18 and 20-16. Each contact features a wire barrel, insulation barrel, and locking window. The wire barrel has serrations, which aid in wire retention. The contact is available with or without an internal tongue. The internal tongue provides a higher mating force and current rating and are typically used with a receptacle housing having a lower amount of positions. The contact without an internal tongue has a lower mating force and current rating and is typically used with a receptacle housing having a higher number of positions. The contacts are available in strip-form for termination using an automatic machine.
- All of these are available in multiple colors.
- The same tooling is used for EP and EP II.
- Positive audible latch designed for easier mating and unmating
- Polarization tabs help prevent post misalignment
- Broad portfolio includes 3.96mm, 5.08mm, 7.92mm centerline families
- Asymmetrical terminals can only be loaded one way within housing
- Anti-fretting contact lubricant
- Glow wire materials available
- Household appliances
- Commercial and building equipment
- Industrial machinery and equipment: generators
- HVAC and vending controls
- Coin changers/vending machines
- Garage door openers