Next Generation Form Factor is Here
The M.2 Next Generation Form Factor (NGFF) product line is a natural transition from the mini card and half mini card to a smaller form factor in both size and volume.
Our M.2 connector products support multiple function add-in cards and modules including: WiFi, Bluetooth, global navigation satellite systems, near field communication, hybrid digital radio, Wireless Gigabit Alliance (WiGig), wireless Wide Area Network, and solid-state storage devices. It also adds functionality to PCIe Gen 3, SATA 3, SATA I/O, and USB 3.0. The new, smaller form factor is suitable for applications in new thin platforms.
M.2 NGFF product line is a natural transition from the mini card and half mini card to a smaller form factor in both size and volume.
Title: M.2 NGFF
Summary: The M.2 (Next Generation Form Factor) product line is a natural transition from the Mini Card and Half Mini Card to a smaller form factor in both size and volume.
Headline: M.2 | Next Generation Form Factor
Subhead: TE presents the natural transition from the PCI express mini card to a smaller standardized form factor.
- Save More than 20% PCB Real Estate
- Reduce Conductor Height by 15% Midplane (Offset) Mount
- Various Heights Standard Top Mount > Midplane (Offset) Mount
- Higher Data Rates > Supports
- M.2 | Next Generation Form Factor > M.2 NGFF > Application
- Ultrabook > Tablet > SSD > Smart TV … The List Goes On and On
The M2 NGFF is miniature in size, but big in possibilities.
As the market shifts toward slimmer solutions, we see M.2 (NGFF) products as the natural transition from the PCI express mini card to a smaller, standardized form factor.
- Jaren May,
- Product Manager, Consumer Devices
Features: M.2 Connectors
Choice in Height, Position, Design, and Keying Option
- Available in various heights
- 0.5mm pitch with 67 positions
- Designed for both single- and double-sided modules
- Available in various keying options for module cards
- Support PCI Express 3.0, USB 3.0, and SATA 3.0
Applications: M.2 Connectors
- Ultraportable devices
- Portable gaming devices
- Devices that require SSDs
- Portable mobile devices
WiFi, Bluetooth, Wireless Gigabit Alliance (WiGig), Wide Area Network, PCIe Gen 3, SATA 3, SATA I/O, and USB 3.0 are trademarks of their respective owners.