As the next-generation solution for current and future USB applications, our USB Type-C connectors are designed to an industry standard that provides a sleek, slim design small enough for handheld devices and robust enough for industrial applications. These feature a reversible mating interface and receptacle designed to accept a plug in any direction, enabling easy, reliable mating. This connector supports a variety of different protocols, and with the use of adapters, it is backwards compatible to HDMI, VGA, DisplayPort, and other types of connections from the single USB Type-C port. We provide a distinctive electromagnetic interference (EMI) design on the back of the receptacle shell to help eliminate unwanted EMI leakage, as well as enhanced board retention features, waterproof and splashproof options for better performance in rugged environments.
Specifications for USB Type-C Connectors
- Provide one interconnect solution for data, power, and A/V
- Are designed with a flippable and reversible mating interface
- Supports USB 2.0, USB 3.1 Gen 1 and USB 3.1 Gen 2 types
- Deliver power up to 100W at 20V
- Backward compatible to other USB connectors using converter cables or adaptors
- Distinctive design on the back of the receptacle shell for industry leading EMI performance
- Enhanced board retention features for added durability
- IPX8 waterproof and IPX4 splash proof options available
- Available in one of the smallest dual row SMT footprints, saving valuable board real-estate
Our newest USB Type-C receptacles help protect devices in harsh environments with industry leading IPX8 water ingression performance per IEC60529.
Our latest USB Type-C receptacles offer optional splash proof functionality (IPX4 rated) and valuable board real-estate for your designs with one of the smallest dual row SMT footprints.
The USB Type-C receptacle is your one-connector solution for data, power, and A/V applications. It has a slim profile for use in mobile devices, yet it is robust enough for industrial applications.
USB Type-C Connectors
- Factory automation
- Industrial machinery
- Data centers
- Medical devices
- A/V digital switches
- Power packs and chargers
- Automotive infotainment
- Business equipment
- PCs and laptops