SAS and Mini-SAS Connectors
TE, an active member of the SCSI Trade Association, offers a wide range of serial attached SCSI (SAS) and mini-SAS connectors for enterprise storage, servers, and desktop PC applications.
SAS connectors are the mainstream enterprise storage application interconnects. These standard and mini connectors are designed to support differential signaling, initially at speeds of three gigabits per second (Gbps) and evolving to 12Gbps. Our SAS and Mini-SAS connector series offers customers flexibility in choosing the right class of storage device to meet their application requirements: SAS devices and serial advanced technology attachment (SATA) devices are plug-compatible, SAS backplane accommodates both types of devices.
Features: SAS Connectors
Supports Faster and Smaller Trends
- Point-to-point link with hot-plugging capability
- Supports dual porting capability, faster spindle speeds
- Transfer rate of up to 12Gbps
- Allows for thinner cables, which provide for better airflow through the chassis
Applications: SAS Connectors
Servers and Storage
- Hard Disk Drive (HDD)
- Solid State Drive (SSD)
- Mainstream servers
- Enterprise storage systems