Our Gas Discharge Tubes (GDTs) help protect sensitive telecom equipment from damage from transient voltage surges as a result of lightning strikes and equipment switching.
Helping to protect telecom equipment. Our GDTs offer surge protection over a broad voltage range, and low capacitance and many form factors including new surface-mount devices that make them suitable for many different applications and surge protection on power lines. Their low capacitance also reduces signal distortion.
Our GDTs are commonly used to help protect sensitive telecom equipment such as power lines, communication lines, signal lines and data transmission lines from damage caused by transient surge voltages that typically result from lightening strikes and equipment switching operations. GDTs are placed in front of, and in parallel with, the sensitive equipment acting as a high impedance component while not influencing the signal in normal operation.
When used in coordinated circuit protection solution with PolySwitch devices, thyristor surge protection devices, and MoV devices, GDTs can help equipment manufacturers meet stringent safety regulatory standards.
- Gas Discharge Tubes,
- TE Article
High Accuracy, Low Insertion Loss
- Low capacitance and insertion loss
- Crowbar device with low arc voltage
- High accuracy spark-over voltages for high precision designs
- Optional fail-short mechanisms
- RoHS Compliant, Halogen free
Overvoltage Fault Protection
- Provides overvoltage fault protection against damage caused by high energy surges
- Suitable for use in sensitive equipment due to impulse sparkover response
- Suitable for high-frequency applications
- New surface-mount devices for autmoated manufacturing
Telecommunications, Industrial, and Consumer Electronics
- MDF modules
- xDSL equipment
- RF systems
- Base stations
Industrial and Consumer Electronics
- Power supplies
- Surge protectors
- Alarm systems
- Irrigation systems