Our ESD line of devices help protect I/O ports on HDMI 1.3, portable video players, LCD and plasma TVs, USB 2.0, digital visual interface (DVI), and antenna switches. ESD devices shunt electrostatic discharge away from sensitive circuitry in HDTV equipment, printers, laptops, cellular phones, and other portable devices.
Our ESD devices offer many advantages over traditional protection devices, such as multi layer varistors (MLVs), which may degrade or distort the signal in high data rate circuits. Compared to miniature gas discharge tubes (GDTs), ESD devices provide a more compact form factor and an economical solution for the shrinking profiles of today’s compact information appliances.
Our devices for ESD protection include polymer ESD (PESD) and ChipSESD devices. These ESD protection products are suitable for a wide range of port applications protection and come in various package sizes. All devices are RoHS compliant and are Pb and halogen free.
Halogen Free and Bi-Directional Protection
- Halogen free (refers to: Br.900ppm, Cl.900ppm, Br.+Cl.1500ppm)
- 0.25 pF (typical) capacitance
- Low-leakage current
- Low-clamping voltage
- Fast response time (< 1ns)
- Capable of withstanding numerous ESD strikes
- Compatible with standard reflow installation procedures
- Thick film technology
- Bi-directional protection
Computers, Digital Screens, and Mobile Devices
- HDMI 1.3 interfaces
- LCD and plasma TV
- Cellular phones
- Portable video players
- Portable devices (PDA, DSC, BlueTooth)
- Printer ports
- Satellite radios
- USB 2.0 and IEEE 1394 interfaces
- GPS systems