Reflowable Thermal Protection
Our RTP devices are low resistance, robust surface mountable thermal protectors with a set open temperature that can be installed using Surface Mount Device (SMD) assembly and reflow processes.
Built to endure reflow without opening. RTP devices only open when their internal junction exceeds the device’s specified open temperature, in thermal runaway events, and before the melt temperature of typical lead free solders. While operating under normal component windows, the device remains shut.
RTP devices have a set activation temperature and can be reflowed at temperatures up to 260°C, providing a high degree of flexibility in placement of thermal protection. In addition, the devices help lower assembly costs by eliminating manual and special handling processes. Once they have been reflowed onto the PCB, a simple arming procedure is all that is needed to ready the device so that they will activate at the set temperature.
Reflowable Thermal Protection (RTP)
|Product||Temperature Data||Voltage Data|
|RTP200HR010SA||Opens at temperature below critical thermal threshold||DC interrupted voltage capable|
Industry-first Reflowable Thermal Protection Device saves assembly time and offers robust protection against thermal runaway.
- RTP Devices,
- Product White Paper
Convenient and Cost-Effective
- Standard surface mount production methods
Prevent Damage in a Thermal Event
- Helps prevent damage caused by failed components in case of thermal event
- Allows use of standard surface-mount production methods; no special assembly costs required
- Low power dissipation and voltage drop
- Supports DC electronic circuits
- Suitable for high-power, high-current automotive applications
- Enables green designs
- Complies with automotive AECQ standards, including vibration test
Protect Against Thermal Runaway
Protect against thermal runaways for:
- Automotive HVAC
- ABS and power steering
- Glow plugs
- PTC heaters
- Diesel fuel heaters