Reliable Overtemperature Protection
Our MHP-TA (Metal Hybrid PPTC Thermal Activation) device offers reliable overtemperature protection that can meet the needs of low-profile and high capacity lithium polymer battery packs.
Protecting battery packs, while keeping a low profile. Our MHP-TA device offers a 9VDC rating and a higher current rating than typical battery strap devices. Most ultra-thin computing products use lightweight and high capacity lithium polymer (LiP) and prismatic cells that also exhibit higher voltages and battery discharge rates. The MHP-TA's compact size (5.8mm x 3.85mm x 1.15mm) and multiple activation temperature ratings ranging from 72 to 90 degrees celsius, help give our device a sizable advantage in helping meet safety requirements required of LiP and prismatic cells.
Bimetal and PPTC
|Bimetal||Low resistance, High Operting Current, Good Temperaturing Sensing||Non-Latching, Mechanical Contact|
|PPTC||Latches, No Mechanical Contact||Thermal Derating Size for Operating Current|
Compact Design, Current Capacity
- 9VDC rating
- Two levels of current carrying capacity:
- Low current (nominal 6A hold current @25°C)
- High current (nominal 15A hold current @25°C)
- Multiple activation temperature ratings (72°C, 77°C, 82°C, 85°C, 90°C)
- Compact size (L: 5.8mm x W: 3.85mm x H: 1.15mm) allows for ultra-thin battery pack designs
- Capable of handling the higher voltages and battery discharge rates found in high-capacity lithium polymer and prismatic cell applications
- Helps provide resettable overtemperature protection in high-capacity LiP and prismatic cell applications
Batteries in Mobile Electronics
- Ultra-thin notebooks PCs
- Smart phones
The MHP-TA device’s thermal activation and other advanced features help provide a costeffective, space-saving method of overtemperature protection in today’s thinnest consumer electronics devices.
- MHP-TA Resettable Device,
- Application Note