COMFORT+ cable is a high-quality automated ultrasound subassembly that offers modularity, rapid time to market and product consolidation.
Shorten your time to market with COMFORT+ cable subassembly. The COMFORT+ cable subassembly product platform is intended to leverage process automation to achieve optimum cost. From coax manufacturing, cable assembly and micro-coax termination, using the COMFORT+ platform allows you to leverage the optimum in cost and quality enabled by the precision associated with automation.
The discrete NTC Thermistor is made with copper leads and an epoxy coated chip. They are used in temperature compensation, battery power packs, control panel monitoring, and panel temperature measurement.
COMFORT cable is the established leader in ergonomic design with a low torque, easily maneuverable, lightweight cable that has been used widely in the ultrasound market for probe cable assembly.
Our system end design featuring micro coaxial connectors provides you with a smaller landscape and reduced part count. Assembly supports enhanced reliability through automated processes.
Piezoelectric film (PVDF) ultrasound transducers offer unique advantages for air ranging applications. Cylindrical 80kHz PVDF transducers exhibit omni-directional horizontal beam directivity and broadband characteristics.
Key Features: COMFORT+ Subassembly
Pre Terminated and Compact Design
- Pre-terminated COMFORT cable with micro-coaxial connectors
- Low-profile field-proven micro-coax shielded connector
- Pre-engineered flex/strain relief system available
- Micro-connect design allows for flexible connector location
- Reduced stack height
- Fewer components
- Standard system end components available for M-ZIF, TC-ZIF, clamshell and knob connectors
Voltage, Frequency and Carrying Capacity
- Operating voltage 100-200 VDC
- Operating frequency 1 MHz to 20 MHz
- Current carrying capacity per contact 0.24 A
Cycle Life and Cable Dimensions
- Cable flex life exceeds 250,000 cycles
- Mate/demate exceeds 30 cycles
- Keyed connectors
- 42 AWG COMFORT coaxial cable design with 128 - 224 element range
- Breakout length range from 1" to 6" (2.54 cm to 15.24 cm)
- Compact 0.4mm connector pitch
Ultrasound Subassembly Cabling
- RoHS Compliant
- REACH Compliant
TE Has Applications Experts
Whether you need a connector for a handheld device or a premium cart-based system, you can choose from our wide range of connector offerings or we can design a custom solution exclusive to your application. We are experts in electrical contact mechanics, signal integrity, material science, process automation, durability testing and regulatory compliance.
Benefits: COMFORT+ Subassembly
Durable, Certified and Cost Effective
- Application engineering
- High-density connectors and cables
- FDA-registered facilities
- Cost-effective integrated solutions
- In-house flex testing to provide long-term durability