Introducing the new 400R Wire & Cable. TE Connectivity is launching the 400R as a new rail-approved Wire & Cable product for the USA market. The 400R is USA rail approved, limited fire hazard, wire & cable compliant to the NFPA 130-2010 standard meaning that the wire will be approved on most USA rail projects.
With TE Connectivity's polymer and cross linking technology. The duel wall jacket insulation is;
- Light weight, thin walled leading to reduce bundle volume and total weight.
- Approximately 30% lighter than conventional thick walled wire, giving significant energy savings to the end user.
- Approximately 50% saving in bulk of wire giving more room for the train designer, builder and passengers.
- Compliant to USA rail standards NFPA 130 and BSS Standards, meaning it is suitable to be used in passage trains close to passengers.
- Temperature rating 150oC continuous
- Voltage rating 600v, 1000v, 2500v
- Robust dual wall design resists damage and stops notch propagation
- Small size allows easy installation
- Good electrical performance due to core layer
- Small and lighter than bulky CPE
- Good oil resistance
- Reduces operating costs
- Low smoke and fume generation under fire conditions
- Highly flame retarded
- Meets NFPA 130
- Rail Market rolling stock
- Underground Metro Tunnels
- All signal & power applications for wire and cable in the rolling stock & tunnels
- NFPA 130 - 210
- WCD 3114