Weather proofing adhesive Tapes
TE's Raychem hot-melt tape seals molded parts and helps prevents debris and water from entering the backshell or connector. The adhesive is easy to install, flows when heated and hardens when cooled.
Seal boots and cable entry seals tight with tape. Hot-melt thermoplastic pre-coat adhesive is designed for use with TE's Raychem heavy-duty boots and cable entry seals. It is suitable for bonding to various cable jacket substrates including polyethylene, PVC, polychloroprene, and metals such as steel and aluminum. It is available in a tape form with no shelf life expiration date. Various tapes are available for different temperature applications.
TE manufacturers Raychem adhesives and sealants to accommodate a wide range of applications, materials and environmental conditions. Raychem adhesives include both thermosets and thermoplastics. Thermosets are curable two-part epoxies or crosslinked elastomers. Thermoplastics are hot-melt adhesives that flow when heated and set when cooled. TE also manufactures Raychem products that include a thermoplastic adhesive or a mastic-type sealant for water holdout applications. The sealants adhere to nonoily substrates and can be removed where reentry is necessary.
A tough yet flexible adhesive, it is suitable for bonding polyolefins, vinyls and neoprenes, and metals such as steel and aluminum.
- Raychem Hot Melt Thermoplastic Adhesive Tape,
Benefits: Hot Melt Tape
Resistance and Usage
- Unlimited shelf life
- Shop install or pre applied in a precoat
- Low and high temperature resistance
- Trim to fit
- Individual packaging
- High strength and heavy duty
Features: RAYCHEM Adhesive
- Melts and flows with the boot when heated.
- Visible for inspection
- Sealing in excess to IP67 requirements
- Flexible bonding for a variety of surfaces - polyolefins, vinyls, neoprenes, steel, aluminum
- Fire retardantancy for select hot melt tape
- Hologen-free for select hot melt tape
Spec Chart: RAYCHEM Adhesive
Hot Melt Tape
|Product Type||Precoat||Product||Description||Temperature Range|
|S1017||/42||Raychem Hot-Melt Thermoplastic Adhesive Tape||general purpose harnessing adhesive. Standard precoated ahesive for -3 and -4 molded parts.||-20°C to +60°C|
|S1030||/180||Raychem Hot-Melt Thermoplastic Adhesive Tape||Good low-tempature flexibility.||-80°C to +80°C|
|S1048||/86||Raychem Hot-Melt Thermoplastic Adhesive Tape||Requires high tempature to achieve bonding. Highest service tempature for hot melt.||-55°C to +120°C|
|S1124||/164||Raychem Hot-Melt Thermoplastic Adhesive Tape||Requires reflowing in an oven at 150°C for 90minutes. Designed to bon to -51 molded parts.||-55°C to +105°C|
|S1297||/97||Raychem Hot-Melt Thermoplastic Adhesive Tape||General purpose harnessing adhesive. Standard precoated adhesive in Sigmaform molded parts and CES.||-20°C to +90°C|
|S1278||N/A||Raychem General-Purpose Hot-Melt Sealant Tape||General purpose sealant and cable breakout area filler.||-40°C to +90°C|
|S1305||N/A||Raychem Halogen-Free Hot-Melt Sealant Tape||Halogen-free, flame-retardant sealant and cable breaout area filler.||-40°C to +90°C|
Harness Systems and Components
|Components||System 10||System 20||System 25||System 30||System 100||System 200||System 300|
|Molded Part||-3, -4, -71||-51||-25||-50||-100||-12||-55|
|Adhesive||S1017, S1030||S1124, S1048||S1048, S1125||S1125, S1255-04||S1030, S1125||S1125, S1255||S1255-04|
|Precoat||/42, /180||/164, /86||/86, /225||N/A||/180||N/A||N/A|
Notes and Caution
- Avoid contamination of the prepared surface. If using primer, apply it according to the manufacturer's instructions and allow it to dry.
- Epoxy adhesives may cause skin and eye irritation. Be sure to observe the handling instructions.
- When using hot melt adhesives on substrates with high heat sink capacity (such as connector backshells), preheat the substrate until it is hot to touch, then apply the adhesive tape and shrink the molded part in place.
- The use of cleaning solvent is described in the preparation of various components for adhesive bonding. Please observe the solvent manufacturer’s safety recommendations.
- Several Raychem epoxy adhesives and solvent base primers are also described in some cases.
- For specific handling precautions, please consult the appropriate Raychem material safety data sheet for the adhesive being used.
Applications: Hot Melt Tape
Tubing, Molded Parts, and Connectors
- Protection from moisture, corrosion, chemicals, heat
- Provides additional sealing
- Utilized for tubing repairs
- Heat shink tubing
- Convoluted tubing
- Fluoroplastic tubing
- Molded parts
- Alloy adapters and connector fittings
- Cable entry seals
- Nuclear environments
- Salt water environments
Raychem-brand S1255-04 one-part epoxy tape has been develope to match the superior chemical and heat resistance properties of TE's Raychem System 200, 300, 780 and 790
S1297 is a hot-melt thermoplastic pre-coat adhesive designed for use with TE's heavy-duty boots and cable entry seals. It is suitable for bonding to various cable jacket substrates including polyethylene, pVC, polychloroprene, and metals such as steel and aluminum.