Our pivot connectors are easy to use. Simply feed in a pair of unstripped wires and complete the termination by pressing down the pivoting stuffer with your thumb or index finger. Insulation displacement contacts (IDC) eliminate the need for stripping wires and make the termination even easier. The ease-of-use features of the pivot connector make it a perfect match for field-installed products and space-constrained applications. Two versions are available, the Pivot or Pivot II series, depending on size and requirements of the application.
Features: Pivot Connectors
No Tooling for Termination
- Eliminates need for a tool for termination: Just use your finger!
- Small size and tool-less capability make it perfect for space-constrained applications
- Terminate wires from either side of the connector or pass wires completely through for bridging connections
- Perfect for field-installed products; IDC contacts eliminate the need to strip wires
- 22-26 AWG
Applications: Pivot Connectors
Household Electronics and Systems
- Space-constrained applications
- Garage door openers
- Sprinkler systems
- Alarm systems
- Telephone jacks
- Pet fences
- Low voltage lighting
The Pivot Connector Series quick reference guide offers charts and answers to frequently asked questions to help you differentiate Pivot from Pivot II and find the connector that is right for your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What wire gauge are you using?
A: Pivot series can accept AWG 22~24 and Pivot II series can accept AWG 22~26.
Q: Will the wire need to be passed through the connector?
A: If no, single or double entry styles will work. If yes, only double entry style will work.