TE’s next generation GRACE INERTIA connectors with 2.5mm pitch, GRACE INERTIA 2.5, feature advanced design concepts to facilitate more stable, reliable and durable connection. The inertia locking mechanism prevents defective products caused by half mating and helps prevent connectors from being disconnected during movement or transportation. The Terminal Position Assurance (TPA) helps to ensure that the contacts are properly seated in the housing and provides an extra measure of protection against contact back-out. The new design structure also reduces contact insertion force by as much as 59% during assembly. Ergonomic design and lanceless contacts, which prevent snagging or entanglement, improve safety and efficiency during operation. Housings and headers meet Glow Wire test (GWT) requirement per IEC 60335-1 5th ed. (750°C, without flame), plus the flammability requirements of UL 94 V-0.
- Inertia locking mechanism blocks connectors from disconnecting with during movement or transportation
- Locking mechanism also prevents faulty products caused by half mating
- 4 keying methods and colors
- Dual beam contact design provides good contact and durability
- Ergonomic design allows easy assembly
- One unique contact eases supplier chain management
- 3A maximum rating, 50VAC/VDC
- Meets GWT requirement per IEC 60335-1 5th ed. (750°C, without flame), and UL 94 V-0 flammability
The GRACE INERTIA 2.5 connector can be used in a wide range of applications, from home appliances to vending machines and industrial controls that require wire-to-board signal conduction. These innovative connectors are designed to help customers reduce human error during assembly.
- Air conditioning
- Microwave oven
- Industrial controls