A true game changer
Our USB Type-C connectors provide one solution to deliver data up to 10 gigabits per second (Gbps), power up to 100 watts, and audio/video input in a single connection. The small form factor features a flippable assembly that is adaptable to current USB type, and a reversible interface for easy, reliable mating.
As the next-generation solution for current and future USB applications, our USB Type-C connectors are designed to an industry standard that provides a sleek, slim design small enough for handheld devices and robust enough for industrial applications. The USB Type-C connector features a reversible mating interface; the receptacle is designed to accept a plug in any direction, enabling easy, reliable mating. This connector supports a variety of different protocols, and with the use of adaptors, it is backwards compatible to HDMI, VGA, DisplayPort, and other types of connections from the single USB Type-C port. We provide a distinctive electromagnetic interference (EMI) design on the back of the receptacle shell to help eliminate unwanted EMI leakage, as well as enhanced retention features and splash proof options for better performance in rugged environments.
Our latest USB Type-C receptacles offer optional splash proof functionality (IPX4 rated) and valuable board real-estate for your designs with one of the smallest dual row SMT footprints.
The USB Type-C receptacle is your one-connector solution for data, power, and A/V applications. It has a slim profile for use in mobile devices, yet it is robust enough for industrial applications.
- Distinctive design on the back of the receptacle shell for industry leading EMI performance
- Enhanced board retention features for added durability
- Splash proof options available. IPX4 rated to protect against water splashed from all directions.
- Available in one of the smallest dual row SMT footprints, saving valuable board real-estate.
USB Type-C Connectors
- Provide one interconnect solution for data, power, and A/V
- Are designed with a flippable and reversible mating interface
- Supports USB 2.0, USB 3.1 Gen 1 and USB 3.1 Gen 2 types
- Deliver power up to 100W at 20V
- Backward compatible to other USB connectors using converter cables or adaptors
- Factory automation
- Industrial machinery
- Data centers
- Medical devices
- A/V digital switches
- Power packs and chargers
- Automotive infotainment
- Business equipment
- PCs and laptops
Both ends of the USB Type-C interconnect are flippable and reversible, allowing quick and easy connections no matter which way the connector is inserted. Using converter cables and adapters, this mini connector is backwards compatible and can be implemented today on USB 3.0 platforms with minimal additional hardware. The USB Type-C connector offers a future of better device performance and appearance.