Force, distance, and speed are the core parameters of any press cycle. With feedback and PC control, the CBP 5T can monitor and control each characteristic of every press stroke run on the press, in real-time. If any aspect of that press cycle is outside of specified limits, the CBP can stop the press, mid-stroke, to prevent damage to the PCB and eliminate rework and\or scrap. This gives the CBP a distinct advantage over pneumatic or hydraulic systems that cannot offer the same level of control. PC control of the CBP machine allows for simple and flexible programming. All data for connectors and tools are entered and stored in databases. This allows the CBP to automatically set up and control each press cycle to reduce operator intervention and human error. Icon driven software with visual cues and operator interaction assure that each press cycle is completed correctly the first time.
Bench-Top Design, Small Footprint
- PCB capacity of 18 x 24"
- Press force capacity of 5 tons
- Ability to monitor and control force, distance and speed for every press cycle
- Full SPC data of every component pressed for quality assurance and traceability
- Database driven software for simple programming and automatic setup
- Small foot-print for low to medium volume product levels
- Pin connectors
- Printed circuit boards (PCBs)
The CBP Servo Electric Press provides the ability to process most compliant pin connector applications in a compact benchtop system. Board size capacity and press force range allow the system to handle a wide range of applications for low to medium production volume operations.