Our AMP timer connectors and contacts are extensively used in the automotive and commercial vehicle industries for its reliability.
- Motor vehicle applications
- Our AMP timer connectors are available as receptacle and tab housings (flying coupling in a wiring harness), or as receptacle housings and multiple tabs (group connection). With the flying coupling type the housings, with up to 100 contacts, are then secured by means of a separate locking device.
- Each contact consists of a flat receptacle, which mates with a flat tab. The receptacle has two or four contact springs, which are independent of each other. Two-piece contacts with a steel top spring are predominant. In order that the flat contact system can be employed at interfaces with signal currents of medium strengths as well as with load currents more than 70 A the contact system is divided into four sizes:
- Junior-Timer and Junior-Power-Timer
- Standard-Timer and Standard-Power-Timer